those of you hoping for a KoA: Reckoning sequel

hector530

Yep and taxpayers in my (former) home state will be on the hook for $112 million. Brilliant. Would have been nice if it had worked out (and I still hope they can save it) but it was never a good investment for Rhode Island.

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning was sort of a side effect of the true project that Big Huge Games had in mind. It turned out to be better than the main stuff it seems...

Yep 38 is dead. Heard the news this morning. Really sucks for the almost 400 workers and the taxpayer of RI but I don't feel sorry curt smock. All this press really exposed him as a hypocritical d****e Edited by hector530

Sad.. KoA wasn't a great game but it was fun.

On the other hand I will just chock this up for more government intervention that shouldn't have been... :unsure:

Tech and game companies in RI and Boston are looking to pick up former 38 Studio employees and there was this. So hopefully they'll be able to find jobs relatively quickly. Loved the idea of RI becoming a hub for game development - hope this doesn't kill that possibility off completely.