Missing Meshes and Strange Crashes

EireElf317

I recently upgraded my graphics card (an Nvidia GeForce 210 to an Nvidia GTX 460) and my RAM (from 2GB to 8GB), and I've been experiencing weird problems with Skyrim that I never had before.

The first one is that there are missing floors in the lower levels of Bleak Falls Barrow, and missing town walls in Helgen. Both of these issues are hindering me from progressing in the game.

The second issue is that the game will crash when I go into certain areas. I've had this problem with The Guardian Stones and trying to leave Riverwood. I''m sure there are more of these issues in my game, but I haven't been able to get far enough to find them.

I have no idea what's causing the issues, but I have a hunch it has to do with my mods (plugins/load order). I can post the load order or the general list of mods I use if needed to.

System Specs:

HP p6700z Desktop running Windows 7 x64

AMD Sempron 150 processor

8GB RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 460

Probably has nothing to do with your issue, but have you changed your vga in Skyrim.ini, inside mygames--»skyrim

Mine shows like this

bAllowConsole=1

[Display]

sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275"

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=1

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1

bReflectLODLand=1

bReflectSky=1

bReflectLODTrees=1

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

As to the missing meshes, it happened to me alsoa dn too a lot of other ppl.....sometimes it goes away as misteriously as it started.. these issues are also caused addons placing new buildings in the game, like a player house, dungeon etc

As to the CTDs, try to check if you have conflicting mods.....

Mine looks like this:

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

bAllowScreenshot=1

should I add the sd3d etc. line?

• 1 month later...

I to am having this problem, with a brand new computer. I reinstalled Skyrim from my disk, updated it via Steam, then it runs no problem if I don't mod it. But if I start to mod it, it breaks the game, and meshes will end up missing, and sometimes I get trailing effects on objects and people that move, as if it's a ghost of some type, and sometimes objects and people are semi-transparent. I did a Google search and that is suppose to be an ATI issue, but I have an Nvidia card, not ATI. I tried what they said to do with ATI on my Nvidia Control Panel anyway, and that helped, but it didn't fix it entirely.

I've tried everything I can think of, I've updated all drivers and software that games use, and I cleaned my registry, cleaned my disk space, clean my computer, and disabled one mod at a time to see if it was a mod conflict causing it, and so far, no luck. I've gotten to the point where I've disabled every mod available, and it still occurs. But if I re-install the game again, and not use any mods at all, it works... it's very weird.

I don't know if it's because I use DLC fix mod, and a few other fix mods, and such... that fix problems in the game that the developers screwed up on.

It seems more and more that this game was released way too soon, and needed bugs fixed and such first... but they were either lazy, or impatient and wanted to make money RIGHT AWAY. It's a shame really.

I'm at a loss.

By the way - EireElf317: Under your Display section there, there whould be a graphics card listed, like above, since there isn't - that can definitely cause a problem.