Normal map don't work...

Serindas

I've tried to make a chainmail armor by retexturing the miner's clothes, but the CK said me that normal map is not present, despite i've made it and added it to the mesh.

This is how it look in game:

I've created the texture with photoshop, create the normal map with photoshop, then added it to the mesh with nifskope. For the creation of the normal map i've used the nvidia tool plug in for photoshop.

In the CK, under Miscelaneous > TextureSet, make a new textureset, this part's vary simple.

In the ArmorAdd, the Biped Model sub-window were you select the .nif file for the mesh, under Alternate Texures double-click and select the new textureset you made.

In the CK, under Miscelaneous > TextureSet, make a new textureset, this part's vary simple.

In the ArmorAdd, the Biped Model sub-window were you select the .nif file for the mesh, under Alternate Texures double-click and select the new textureset you made.

I've tried the method that you have suggested me, but don't work; the CK show me these warnings:

1. DEFAULT: TEXTURES: texture does not contain mipmaps will not be used : texture\armor\Chainmail\chainmail_m_n.dds
  2. TEXTURE: texture set missing texture texture\armor\Chainmail\chainmail_m_n.dds
  3. TEXTURE: BASE mesh\armor\chainmail\Chainmail_m_1.nif : MinerClothes is missing a normal map

In my opinion, i've made errors during the creation of the normal map with photoshop with the settings of the nvidia texture tool settings...

P.S. when i've opened the normal map with photoshop, he showed me the mipmaps, so i don't know what's the CK problem http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

P.P.S. by the way, very thanks for the aid...

• 1 year later...