OBMM constant crashing. Can't install or uninstall mods, can't close program.

Don't know when it happened or why. I can't install or uninstall any mods, and I cannot close the program without forcing it in task manager.

I learned later that I should be using a new renamed version of it. Not OBMM. Though the came currently escapes me.

I use it in alongside Mod Organizer for it's OMOD installer.

I can't install or uninstall any mods

What do you mean by it?

Sorry, meant Activate/Deactivate. Just tested it now- I can choose to deactivate a mod but I can't close the program. After a force shutdown and turning back on OBMM the mod is reactivated. Also, I cannot install better cities. I'm assuming that it may have to do with all these other issues but it might not.

• 4 weeks later...

(Jeez, sorry for the long wait. Got pulled away from Oblivion for a while.)

Using the delete option on the mod successfully removed it, though there was a popup. Something about it still being active. Being a moron, I skipped the popup. I though it was another crashdump warning.

After forcing OBM to close and reopening it, the mod was still gone. No idea if it left anything behind though.

In case you didn't know, but using MO for Oblivion are not recommended to do and from what I understand MO works best with Skyrim.

Are you still using MO?

If you are then remove MO and reinstall OBMM. Then install the OBMM Extended version as it requires OBMM 1.12.

Have you tried to manually delete the OMOD on your HDD, instead of deleting it in OBMM?

I am using Mod Orgainzer, but mainly because it's easy to use and the profile system is great. It is also pretty useful for making my own mods. I would really rather not ditch it since I went through hell trying to use the other programs.

At this point I think I should just manually delete OMOD. Then I could replace it with the newer version and try again. Hoopefully this won't repeat.

Concerning your need to uninstall the OMOD manually, do you know if it was active when you deleted it? If it was active when you deleted the OMOD, it may have left some residue files (What kinds of OMODs are you using? Meshes and textures? Plugins? Scripts?)