Creation Kit, How do you remove face dirt?

YorYenrac

How do you use the Creation Kit to remove dirt from an NPC's face? There are many MODs for specific NPCs, so it can't be that difficult. Yet so far in experimenting and searching forums I have only had marginal success.

Yor

Isn't that in scars. I'm pretty sure you would go into actors NPC then find the one you want to remove an open it. Then use a face preview. Go into preferences and adjust your zoom an pan speeds so you can navigate the render window well. Then you would edit the face to remove the scar/dirt. The NPC editor can be crashy so don't go wild using all the tools in there until you have more practice using it. When you get done or to a save point, hit save. This will prompt you to name the file. Save and then next time you want to work on this mod all you do is set it as active when you load it. This way all your privious work is saved with all the work you are about to do.

To answer my only question, as expected, dirty faces are created under the "Character Gen Parts" tab when editing the NPC from the Actor list in the "Object Window". However under textures the dirty face was likely created by using more than the dirt options at the bottom of textures. To remove all dirt from a face right click on each texture in the list (except warpaints and tatoos, unless you are trying to get rid of these also, untested) and anywhere (except skin tone) there is a color except ColorAverage, R 255, G 255, B 255, change the color to ColorAverage under "Face Tinting Color." You should also check "Face Complexion" if the face is to rough.

Yor

And don't forget to export after saving the NPC, by highlighting the NPC in the "Object Window" list and hit Ctrl-F4, or they will be grey faced in game.

Edited by YorYenrac