new game mechanic: horse archery

CrazyShadowDami

Horse combat including archery is in the skyrim beta update right now! unfortunately it doesn't work right for me. there is no animation and my character stands on his horse with no animation. I can still shoot arrows. there is no first person mode for horse combat either. can anyone else check out the beta update 1.6 and test horse combat like me?

I just tried it for a while and it was working ok at first (still very clumsy) but when I got in a battle with a dragon, troll, giant, mammoth, and some other ungodly thing from Monster mod the animations stopped and suddenly I was standing on top of my horse and couldn't do anything. I got off the horse, took about 10 steps, and ctd.

While it's a great idea in concept, it's implementation really, really sucks. Impossible to aim with a bow, clunky to say the least with a sword, and no magic at all (I play a mage right now) it's not something I am nearly as excited about as I was with the whole idea of it. Hopefully, our great community of modders with grab this and actually make it worth playing. As it stands right now, it sucks and I am rolling back to 1.5. Also started getting ctd's when I had none with 1.5.

Horse combat including archery is in the skyrim beta update right now! unfortunately it doesn't work right for me. there is no animation and my character stands on his horse with no animation. I can still shoot arrows. there is no first person mode for horse combat either. can anyone else check out the beta update 1.6 and test horse combat like me?

I just tried it for a while and it was working ok at first (still very clumsy) but when I got in a battle with a dragon, troll, giant, mammoth, and some other ungodly thing from Monster mod the animations stopped and suddenly I was standing on top of my horse and couldn't do anything. I got off the horse, took about 10 steps, and ctd.

While it's a great idea in concept, it's implementation really, really sucks. Impossible to aim with a bow, clunky to say the least with a sword, and no magic at all (I play a mage right now) it's not something I am nearly as excited about as I was with the whole idea of it. Hopefully, our great community of modders with grab this and actually make it worth playing. As it stands right now, it sucks and I am rolling back to 1.5. Also started getting ctd's when I had none with 1.5.

You using mods? Like most of the previous patches, it probably doesn't play well with some mods. I did see a post where someone was testing the patch with no mods and was still having issues, but I think the standing on the horse thing is a mod conflict with the new riding mechanic.

isn't that the whole point of them putting it up for beta testing?