Just some verification

ProjectRender

I've been playing around with blender (2.49) and started noticing a lag in my comp. system due to the program. It's just the same basic lag from creating and editing the objects, so it got me thinking. My comp is aged somewhat, and the only stats I could retrieve are from the newegg website so here goes:

What are my blender limits so to speak judging from the specs below. Thanks in advance nexus!

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1047 Desktop PC Intel Core i7 860(2.80GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5850 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Theres something wrong with ur os or blender, cause thats a still nice pc, hell my is a regor @3.6, 4770 512/DDR5 4GB ram, and i can use with any problem, software like blender, 3ds max, C4D, AFX, even nuke(the renders take longgggg but thats normal on my pc xD). Blender is one of the 3d software that gonna work with low end pc's(w/o many problems), so my recommendation, check ur system, try any other 3d software, 3ds max and maya have a 30 days trial, and a free student license.

Well..with large amounts of polygons it´s gonna lag on any machine. You could try the newer 2.5/2.6+ versions of Blender (don´t know if there are exporters for those..I am Blender user but no modder) which might be more optimized. There you can turn on "VBOs" which increases performance.

If it lags with only the default cube..well..then there is a strange problem on your machine because it should be fast enough.

Well ur right in that fisrion, but i would expect if hes doing something for skyrim/oblivion/fallout, then should be "low poly" in wich case his system should be perfectly fine for that, im starting to get max and c4d a little slow when im working with mesh with more of 30k faces in small objects what is not so work-breaking.