LOW END PC's NEED MODS TOO!

Celer462

there must be HUNDREDS of Improved quality, shader graphics and all these kind of mods.

But what about those with low end pcs?

One thing that makes it impossible to play is the

STUTTERING

From LOD objects Or even loading things like

PlANTS AND ROCKS

I hate them,

Someone

Kill them

(remove rocks and un harvestable plants, is what i mean)

Edited by PAINKillEmAll

I feel for you, my machine is terrible atm.

If it was as simple as just deleting the objects I'd do it for you/us, but the problem is a lot of the time those rocks and plants are either used to cover up truly ugly joins in things, or worse for a lot of the bigger rocks they are actually the floor - there is no 'ground' under the rock piece, and if there is ground it's probably textured as something that looks ridiculous if you remove the rock.

If you just delete them all then your game could end up looking so bad you wouldn't want to play it, and you could even kinda "break" the game if deleting the rocks makes the navmesh make no sense.

That kind of leaves you the options of doing it all manually (which would take forever) or leaving the objects in but simplyfying the meshes and textures, but if your machine already won't run fast enough on the game's default "low" or "normal" settings, chances are this might not even help, I would guess, but I don't really know too much about meshes.

If anyone can come up with a viable way of doing it that doesn't take 10,000 years I'll gladly contribute some time if I can help, but I fear the only solution for really low end machines is pretty much reworking the entire game world manually.

I feel for you, my machine is terrible atm.

If it was as simple as just deleting the objects I'd do it for you/us, but the problem is a lot of the time those rocks and plants are either used to cover up truly ugly joins in things, or worse for a lot of the bigger rocks they are actually the floor - there is no 'ground' under the rock piece, and if there is ground it's probably textured as something that looks ridiculous if you remove the rock.

If you just delete them all then your game could end up looking so bad you wouldn't want to play it, and you could even kinda "break" the game if deleting the rocks makes the navmesh make no sense.

That kind of leaves you the options of doing it all manually (which would take forever) or leaving the objects in but simplyfying the meshes and textures, but if your machine already won't run fast enough on the game's default "low" or "normal" settings, chances are this might not even help, I would guess, but I don't really know too much about meshes.

If anyone can come up with a viable way of doing it that doesn't take 10,000 years I'll gladly contribute some time if I can help, but I fear the only solution for really low end machines is pretty much reworking the entire game world manually.

Thanks for the reply man. i guess theres no changing this horrible stuttering

Edited by PAINKillEmAll

Maybe someone will make a mod like Oldblivion. That'd take a while though, and I lack the motivation and determination for such a project.

Edit: I only said that to give other people the idea. Trust me, I'm not going to do it. It'd probably be large enough to require a team, and my attention span is roughly 2 hours.

Edited by Rennn

Maybe someone will make a mod like Oldblivion. That'd take a while though, and I lack the motivation and determination for such a project.

Please let me motivate you. imagine the amount of credit and sponsors you will get :).

And personally, i would love you forever lol.

Edit: I only said that to give other people the idea. Trust me, I'm not going to do it. It'd probably be large enough to require a team, and my attention span is roughly 2 hours.

At least you're truthful lol