[LE] Generic Voiced Responses

So I'm working on a mod with some basic dialogue, and what I'm hoping to do is structure the dialogue such that I should only need a handful of generic responses reflecting agreement, disagreement, outrage etc., basically a lot of conversation topics will be question based, such that simple answers should fit for most (or even all) of it.

What I'm wondering is, does any such dialogue already exist in a way that would be easy for me to integrate, e.g- as a set of shared topics perhaps?

Yes/no responses alone would be sufficient, though ideally I'd like some more severe negative responses (insult or outrage).

Sorry to bump the topic, but I had a mod move it from the less appropriate Mod Talk (thanks WastelandAssassin!), however I also wanted to add that I'm also looking for generic voiced thank you responses.

I guess maybe it's a long-shot to hope that anyone has already built up share topics for these, or documented the best sound files to use, but I thought I'd ask anyway in case it could save me some time. Otherwise I guess I'll see what I can find and maybe package it up myself somehow!

I would have thought most of what you want can be made up from voice files that already exist in Skyrim. Have a look through the dialogue quests in the CK and if any lines take your fancy note down the filenames and extract the voice files from the voices bsa.

That's what I'll be doing if I have to, I really just wanted to check whether anyone had already done something like this, e.g- to create a bunch of shared topics for use in responses. I've searched around but didn't see anything; it seems like it would have been handy for a lot of modders to avoid having to rely on unvoiced subtitles.

I am sure many modders have extracted vanilla lines for use but never grouped them together in a pack for others to use.

There is a modders resource that has extracted a whole bunch of voice files from Witcher 3 that may be useful to you. See here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71277

You mean there are already suitable shared responses? I don't suppose you know offhand what they're called, the list is quite long and doesn't really indicate what most of them actually are, otherwise it looks like I'd have to trawl through quests looking for any with shared topics in them.

Okay, so I've investigated the the WISharedInfos lines, and there are definitely lines in there that should suit my needs, thanks!

The only problem is that it seems that to use these requires a separate topic info per voice type, whereas I'd hoped I could chuck them all under a single response instead. Copying and adjusting will be a little annoying, but not insurmountable, except for one issue; is there a better way to handle lines that require scripts?

Let's say I have a topic "Will you give me the book?", and all responses are some variation of "Yes", one for each voice type, resulting in a book being given to the player with a script-fragment. Is there any way for me to run my piece of scripting without having to copy it along with every single topic info? Aside from the bloat of having an extra gajillion scripts, it could become a maintainability nightmare if I ever have to change it somehow, e.g- to call some extra function before handing over the book.

Really I had hoped I could just find dialogue files and link to them in my response entries, but I assume this isn't possible at all? I couldn't find anywhere to change the file names/paths in the CK or tes5edit.

I can't even begin to imagine how Bethesda is able to make an entire game's worth of dialogue with this system, it's horrifying!

Edited by Haravikk