Oblivion Mod Manager, Wrye Bash, or both?

VikingII

I have been using OBMM so far and I have no reason to change it. But reading the community posts I read many users ho like more Wrye Bash. Also I have 2 OMODS that requires OBMM to work: DarNified UI, Realistic Fatigue (I have many others but I could do without them).

The questions are:

- Wrye Bash replaces OBMM or they work together?

-Do I need Wrye Bash if I already have OBMM?

-If they are the same, Wrye Bash is better than OBMM?

The questions are:

- Wrye Bash replaces OBMM or they work together?

-Do I need Wrye Bash if I already have OBMM?

-If they are the same, Wrye Bash is better than OBMM?

They work together, though in the large areas they overlap, WB does everything better

Yes

Yes

I only have OBMM to install DarkUI Darn (which I could change into a BAIN install, but don't want to mess with it) and Sensual Walks, which can't be installed using BAIN.

Other than minor exceptions like that, everything OBMM does Wrye Bash and BAIN does better, plus adds in the Bashed Patch functionality, which is the single most important and useful innovation made in Oblivion modding.

Wrye bash is much better for installing mods than OBMM. Where OBMM will delete all files instaled with an OMOD, with no regard for files in use by multiple mods, Wrye Bash will uninstall the mod, check all other packages to see if they include the same file and put back the file from the correct archive. Simply said, where uninstalling an OMOD would break mods that share files, Bash does not. Rebuilding the DarkUI package into a BAIN package wasn't that difficult. The only thing I messed up was the ini tweaks it has to make (I think), the script spewed out an ini tweak file but didn't let me apply it. I figured doing it by hand was easier than trying to fix the install script. So I recommend spending the time to learn using Bash, it will save you time in the long run.

Thanks for this complete explanation.

The forum system problem is solved and I can give kudos again to all that helped me, I edited games before, to Morrowind, NWN, Dragon Age, Fallout... but little and occasionally, so I am kind of new in modding a complete mod and it is hard to learn a lot of new things, especially in the editor and scripting. Thank you.