Project Spotlight: Fallout New California

BigBizkit

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366, #63224841, #63228141, #63232081, #63233426 are all replies on the same post.

AfroGamerNinja wrote: With this, Fallout Miami and New Vegas on Fallout 4, who needs Fallout 76?
Rrezz wrote: Anyone who want's to play Fallout 76 -.-
Beerbeer007 wrote: Fallout 76 will become a commercial failure due to market society's interest focused on the shareholders of Zenimax & Bethesda.
ff7legend wrote: Isn't Fallout 76 supposed to be an MMO a la ESO anyway? If that's the case, I will likely pass on Fallout 76. Never have been a fan of MMOs due to all the trolls/bots. At any rate, what are the actual requirements to play Fallout New California? I have Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for PC & from what I've heard, there are teams of modders tackling the porting of Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas into the Fallout 4 engine a la Morrowind (Skywind)/Oblivion (Skyblivion) on the Elder Scrolls side.
FakeXR wrote: And The Frontier AAAAnd Cascadia
KimHD22 wrote: Exactly my thoughts 76 is just a cash cow...
GeneralJohn wrote: Someone recently made a good point on Reddit about Fallout 76 being an experiment that could ruin SP Bethesda games for good. If it's successful then we can kiss goodbye to future SP focused Bethesda games, they'll pretend they never said single player is their primary focus and FO5 and TES6 will require you to play with other people for a majority of the games content.

I can see it now, you stumble upon a large & impressive looking building that looks ripe for the plunder, you activate the door only for a message to unimmersively plaster itself onto your screen. "This instance requires the XYZ PACK for only £2.99! and at least 5 players or more to visit, purchase this pack and join matchmaking now?".
FreedomFighter4 wrote: If they ever did that which I doubt but on the 'what if'. I'd say they go bankrupt super fast lol because once people read articles and see gameplay of that happening. Say goodbye to all future sales.
qinlongfei wrote: If Cashgrab 76 is a free to play game I might spend a few hours on it just to see all the new art assets. As a commercial product? No way in heck.

I may care more about gameplay/exploration more than story (which is why I actually prefer Bethesda take over the original Black Isle/Obsidian take on the Fallout franchise), but I still want there to be a story as a foundation to immerse into the world. A pure toybox approach like Goat Simulator is just not something that'll keep my interest for long.

I was under the impression 76 was never a MMO, and was more like arc or rust.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366, #63224841, #63228141, #63232081, #63233426, #63233611 are all replies on the same post.

AfroGamerNinja wrote: With this, Fallout Miami and New Vegas on Fallout 4, who needs Fallout 76?
Beerbeer007 wrote: Fallout 76 will become a commercial failure due to market society's interest focused on the shareholders of Zenimax & Bethesda.
ff7legend wrote: Isn't Fallout 76 supposed to be an MMO a la ESO anyway? If that's the case, I will likely pass on Fallout 76. Never have been a fan of MMOs due to all the trolls/bots. At any rate, what are the actual requirements to play Fallout New California? I have Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for PC & from what I've heard, there are teams of modders tackling the porting of Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas into the Fallout 4 engine a la Morrowind (Skywind)/Oblivion (Skyblivion) on the Elder Scrolls side.
GeneralJohn wrote: Someone recently made a good point on Reddit about Fallout 76 being an experiment that could ruin SP Bethesda games for good. If it's successful then we can kiss goodbye to future SP focused Bethesda games, they'll pretend they never said single player is their primary focus and FO5 and TES6 will require you to play with other people for a majority of the games content.

I can see it now, you stumble upon a large & impressive looking building that looks ripe for the plunder, you activate the door only for a message to unimmersively plaster itself onto your screen. "This instance requires the XYZ PACK for only £2.99! and at least 5 players or more to visit, purchase this pack and join matchmaking now?".
FreedomFighter4 wrote: If they ever did that which I doubt but on the 'what if'. I'd say they go bankrupt super fast lol because once people read articles and see gameplay of that happening. Say goodbye to all future sales.
qinlongfei wrote: If Cashgrab 76 is a free to play game I might spend a few hours on it just to see all the new art assets. As a commercial product? No way in heck.

I may care more about gameplay/exploration more than story (which is why I actually prefer Bethesda take over the original Black Isle/Obsidian take on the Fallout franchise), but I still want there to be a story as a foundation to immerse into the world. A pure toybox approach like Goat Simulator is just not something that'll keep my interest for long.
Predadente wrote: I was under the impression 76 was never a MMO, and was more like arc or rust.

it would seem the commentors in this thread know very little of bethesda. Both Starfield and ES6 are confirmed SP

In response to post #63205836.

Fkemman11 wrote: I've been spreading the word about this awesome unofficial dlc to everyone that asks what mods there are for FNV or even TTW. Combined with TTW btw, this would make for one epic gaming experience! Thank you so much for this and anything else you might release in the future!!:D:D:D

I'm new to mods, Do I need FNV or FO4 to play this one? TTW?

to hell with AAA developer and company who no longer give a s#*! about meaningful adventures and players, i 100% support those guys who released quality single player games or not official dlc those , Indie developers and modders, i cant wait to play this new Fallout DLC

In response to post #63205836. #63271591 is also a reply to the same post.

Fkemman11 wrote: I've been spreading the word about this awesome unofficial dlc to everyone that asks what mods there are for FNV or even TTW. Combined with TTW btw, this would make for one epic gaming experience! Thank you so much for this and anything else you might release in the future!!:D:D:D
MMLXXXVI wrote: I'm new to mods, Do I need FNV or FO4 to play this one? TTW?

Fallout New California requires Fallout New Vegas. TTW is Tale of Two Wastelands, it merges Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas into one game. You need to own both for it to work.

In response to post #63210111. #63212446, #63214811, #63215036, #63215366, #63224841, #63228141, #63232081, #63233426, #63233611, #63233651 are all replies on the same post.

Predadente wrote: I was under the impression 76 was never a MMO, and was more like arc or rust.
Predadente wrote: it would seem the commentors in this thread know very little of bethesda. Both Starfield and ES6 are confirmed SP

re: Requirements to play FNC - I have asked on their Facebook page and was told that if you can run New Vegas, you will have enough to run New California. My setup is NOT a gaming computer and they told me mine should run it with minimal frame-rate slowdowns in only a place or two.
In other words (this is NOT a guarantee), you should be fine for FNC.