Followers that heal the PC?

Jinxxed0

I'm expecting the answer is no, but is it possible to have a companion that just heals you (and itself when it needs to). I know this isn't possible with oblivion since I asked this same question. I'm hoping it's possible with Skyrim though. I just figured I'd ask before getting into the CK and trying to make one.

I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

The Vilja companion in Oblivion could be set to heal you during combat... once she liked you enough.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to set up in Skyrim.

One of those mod youtube videos suggested that http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17302 she would heal you during combat, to date I've not seen player healing working (I guessed it was a targetting issue much like NPC's being unable to throw runes on the ground).

Keep in mind that mod video migh very well have been wrong, but you can view it yourself on the page I'm sure.

Do vanilla friendly npcs even heal you? I don't think ive even experienced it, it would add a new gameplay element and would abide to the MMORPG combat triangle of mages being support characters with healing etc, every build in Skyrim is the same as you just charge towards the enemy! (Im talking in a big battle sense rather then fighting two wolves in a cave etc.)

It probably has something to do with the fact that having the "Healing Hands" spell active is still classed as "in combat" and using it still seems to be technically an 'attack' (try using it on a Vigilant of Stendarr and they will consider it an 'attack' and become hostile) So obviously Followers and Allies will not 'attack' the player.

The healing spells at least would need to be re-categorized as "non combat" and I don't think that's possible (could be wrong though, as some people have done some amazing things with the CK)

my mod summon ethereal bard - svaknir heals the player during combat in skyrim. he also has other "song" spells that can restores player magicka or stamina depending on which song he chooses to play. Edited by zeroeternalz