Vortex Criticism

pacfish

If it was unclear as to where I was going with that post about ease of use - the longer version

You're a programmer - what tool do you prefer to use to write your code? Hopefully not Vi or Vim given your age because I'll lose my argument.

Maybe it's JetBrains, Eclipse, or NetBeans... Either way, all of these have a steep learning curve because all the tools are at your disposal at once.

Given your age you probably know C++ and Java.

How easy would you rate your experience when setting up the g++ compiler to work correctly in any of these programs for the first time?

I bet it's a 1000 times easier in visual studios. Why because you don't have to fiddle around with it. visual studios comes with it's own version of it.

What about setting up a project the first time? In college (at least for java), the professors didn't even touch on project files. Instead they wanted us to write the code without an advanced IDE so we would learn the code. So when first setting up these programs I had no idea how to start programming my basic terminal applications.

Now all these advanced features are super daunting to new users.

How the developers of Loot dealt with this - What's the main purpose of loot? sort mods. We'll make that super easy to do. 2 clicks - sort and apply (the apply step is the hardest).

What are some other features we can give? Groups, priority loading, developer tags to help track where things go... We should put these in a spot where advanced users will have access to them but average joe won't even see them.

Loot is easier to use because it hides these features from average joe. And to be honest, I've never had a load priority problem with Loot running 120 mods at once. Loot is easier because it's easier to read and understand what it is I'm editing and how. Loot is easier because it only attempts to do one thing and it does it well.

The number of clicks doesn't matter if it's clear what it is doing. Because if that were the case, being able to launch the game through the script extender, would make vortex worse than NMM and until that "feature" is fixed, NMM will continue to be better than vortex. Which I don't think you believe to be true.

This is what I was saying about correcting someone.

However the insight on how to edit these things I was nagging about in the original post was helpful. Telling someone they are wrong on an opinionated statement is absurd. I am Vault Tech.

After turning off the advanced mode I was finally greeted with a Mod rules contain cycles

After turning off the advanced mode I lost my ability to search for mods.

After turning off the advanced mode I wasn't able to edit load order groups.

This strikes me as odd because being able to search for a mod that I've downloaded isn't an advanced option and I can't correct the loop I purposely made but I can "view the conflict"