Missing Meshes

naomis8329

After numerous reinstallations and a 6 month break and 4 more reinstallations I'm having the most horrendous problems with Skyrim.

Can you guys look at the attached and let me know what you think.

Have nothing on (mod wise) that changes the meshes or textures of external objects ie dungeons, burrows etc so am at a complete loss. I do not use the High Res Texture packs and when I tried to use the loose files ended up losing the mechanics ie switches etc wouldn't work. Had to tcl through things which defeats the object of even playing.

I'm currently downloading the new drivers for my Nvidia 430 GT card and will take another look in the morning. However, I don't know why I should have to exit the game and reinstall to (hopefully) correct this problem.

Any insights would be gratefully received.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034300403/screenshot/558690946015589091?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034300403/screenshot/558690430801911978?tab=public

sorry wont let me upload pics :( left links instead

Naomi

Maybe u already did it but, have u delete all the folders after uninstall the game? also have u run ccleaner to deleter any registry? and what mods are u using rnow?

I'm now totally stuck and when looking at Wrye Smash I get this error

Update.esm: Unexpected subrecord: 'TES4.INCC'

Error loading 'TES4' record and/or subrecord: 00000000

eid = u'<<NO EID>>'

subrecord = 'INCC'

subrecord size = 4

Update.esm: Unexpected subrecord: 'TES4.INCC'

Error loading 'TES4' record and/or subrecord: 00000000

eid = u'<<NO EID>>'

subrecord = 'INCC'

subrecord size = 4

Update.esm is no longer in the list and once in game I can no longer move at all as it CTDs constantly.

Can anyone help here please as I'm now ready to put the game away until there is a semblance of the game being playable with mods

I dont think shes trying oblivion mods in skyrim, also not only npc's mods generate empty spaces, for a time jaysus swords give this problem in the riverwood inn.

Jaysus swords gave TES IV errors? I didn't know that. I love that mod....

Have you tried:

uninstalling your mods (as directed by the mod authors or you might make things even worse :ohdear:) either one by one or en masse and then adding them one by one? Also a careful readthrough of each mod's readme and discussion thread may uncover the problem without having to resort to more drastic measures.

You can also try to verify your game cache on the Steam site.

If non of that works you could try completely removing Skyrim via steam, making sure every last Skyrim folder is deleted, including save files and mod folders. Then reinstall carefully following Steam's instructions and the guidelines for each mod, running the game a bit after each especially in locations where you notice the issue now.) before adding the next mod and running BOSS or Wrye Bash or whatever you are using to order your mods after each addition.

This is a long and painful process but it is very effective, nearly always. Maybe always always if it is a mod issue, as it looks to be.

I don't use the high-res, either btw, the update that included them caused multiple issues that lead me to do the clean reinstall that I am recommending. I don't load them now and the seem to sit quietly and not give any trouble.

@ Georgiegirl, I've been using Wrye Smash and Nexus mod manager to check and reorder files.

I did a complete reinstall last week and decided to take it slowly thinking all was well until I started "burrow" hunting and noticed missing meshes. Reinstalled again and then yesterday couldn't move around Ivarstead, couldn't fast travel and continually CTD'd.

Checked with Wrye and it said that my Update.esm was corrupted so I deleted it and the Skyrim.esm and waited for them to reinstall but unfortunately it has installed corrupted once more.

I'm now at a loss as to what could be going on as I'm basically using cosmetic and armor mods with a couple of location and utility mods eg Perfect Whiterun, Black Tower, Hideout, 3rd Era Weapons etc nothing that should be particularly game breaking.

I may have to do a clean install and move the Skyrim game to a totally different directory and have two lots of Steam if you will running (it wont be just the Skyrim files isolated and hopefully uncorruptable).

Will keep you posted.

• 4 years later...

this is happening to me too. I think it's my video card and os. becuse it dosen't happan all the time.

if I save shut down and reload it's gone no CTDs though. some days it dosen't happen at all.

Hmm I'm going to check my OS background.