ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Making a multi-phased boss fight help?

scarycave

Ok, I've been working on a boss now and I've made a global variable that is set to 1 when the First form's health is < 100 and at the same time Kills the first form.

So for the Second form, it's disabled if the global variable is set to 0 and Enabled when it's 1...but for some reason it's not appearing at all.

Or sometimes it will appear...and attack the first form. :mellow:

I've done a similar set up with another mod that would use enable and disable depending on something the players done and it worked fine... :psyduck:

I think it has something to do with the enemy not enabling the second form but I'm not sure what it is... :ohdear:

You could do an OnDeath block script to trigger the disable/enable. Nice idea, I actually had something like this in mind for a quest mod I've wanted to make for awhile. :thumbsup:

I changed the second form from creature to Undead which fixed that problem. :D

The OnDeath command wasn't working because I didn't reload to a point before I reached the boss, I had to set up a global variable although I think it should be possible without one. The boss is really getting along great now. Thanks for the advice.