Scariest Moment!

HitsugayaShiroken

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LHammonds, you did a fine bit of engineering on the AI for those werewolves. Hmmm....I need to send you the doctor's bill for that heart attack you gave me. ;D (good job!)
Hey now, you were warned! You should have come to my clinic...I would have fixed you up for free. ;)

If something really "scariest" may be in Oblivion I think it need yet to be modded. Coming home to encounter a scornful wife that follows you around the house complaining about your's meetings with the lads in the local tavern so to drink sujama while sharing the last adventuring tales :D
Sorry dude...not gonna happen. We mod play this "fantasy" game to get away from that kinda crap. LOL

mine was during Lost Paladins of the Divines. i thought i had cleared out all the werewolves but when i turned around there was one of them with the freakin glowing eyes. It took me completely by surprise
Ah yes, that would be goldie #2 at the top of the stairs waiting for the right time to come down and say hello when you least expect it. muhahaha. Another victim. :ninja:

LHammonds

It practically makes my day when i hear someone say they're afraid of caves or trolls in the game. I thought that i was completely desensitized by horror movies to be creeped out by anything in Oblivion, but those werewolves did it. Great job on that mod, L

and your personal statement on your profile reminds me of American Psycho, if that isn't at all relevant to the topic, it should be :)

I spent a day running around Ayleid ruins... happily skipping around, stepping on mud crabs... smashing up wolves etc.

I was walking along and saw a wall switch. It was a dead end, so I thought... "Must open a door..." and I opened it. I must have turned down the music or something, because out of nowhere came a loud "AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH" noise, and I spun around to find I'd been cornered by zombies. That was scary... I always get jumpy around zombies. :P

Hmmm... Scariest moment, I'm not easily scared, and I am ashamed to say this, but a Slaughterfish scared the living hell out of me. I was swiming, minding my own business when I get hit. So I turn around, but see nothing. So I remain still to see if something comes out swinging, no result and I still get hit! So I look down and I see 3 slaughterfish nibling my toes! I hate those slow little sharks.

There is very little that can scare a long time VG player in Oblivion. It has not the atmosphear to do it, like a Silent Hill or a Resident Evil could do, it also lacks the enemies and even the scripts to do it, like a DooM3 could.

Only occasions when I jump is when I complete a dungeon, rememebering having cleared it and I start to climb back to surface, the tension goes down and... BUMP... I get hit in my face from something. But it happens veeery rarely.

My scariest moment was when i encountered my shadow self in the grove of reflection in SI. Imagine my suprise when i enter a room with strange foliage, and a dark version of myself in black madness armour attacks me with a huge claymore and a summoned flesh atronach and kills me in one hit! I was level 32, and when i checked, my difficulty was all the way up. Oooops! anyway, i kept that part as a permanant save, and it still scares me a little to this day.

Sadly I can't think of any more scary moments. Oblivion just isn't designed to be scary, and I'm easily scared...

One of my first times playing; I think my character was maybe 3rd level.

I was meandering around some ruined fort just west of Roxy Inn (I forget which one), I was preparing to enter the door, buffing myself with detection spells, when an NPC Khajiit adventurer comes bolting out of the door with a summoned scamp companion, and rushes right past me.

I was quite confused, spinning about to see what was going on, when the troll that was pursuing the NPC exited the door, and decided I was easier pickings than the Khajiit. Scared the bejeezus out of me, and took me down in about two swipes before I even had a chance to draw my sword.

Ok.

I'm in the "Oblivion isn't scary" category as well, but one moment which manages to thoroughly creep me out is the shrine to Sithis in Deepscorn Hollow. Have to give Bethesda credit for that one, the design is claustrophobic and utterly despondent. It's all blood and tears and despair, just terrific. You can almost imagine one of those hands reaching out to shove you toward that equally terrifying statue to the Void itself. As a rule, I try not to spend too long in there.