Scariest Moment!

HitsugayaShiroken

Well this might sound silly, but you know all the expected things, so when they appear now it doesn't spook me, not much does..But I was dudgeon crawling, since then I can't find the bloody dudgeon, where I found this thing..Well I was wandering around with Neeshka my companion, and lo and behold, I did not think there was one of these in Oblivion, I turned a corner to be greeted by this giant and I mean bloody big *censored*, big as a Deadroth.. mud crab..sacred the bloody'ell out of me..For some reason with one swipe took out Neeshka as she has a tendency to just charge forward, and I ran like hell..

Got my composure and came back and fire-balled it to death, at a distance mind.. with finger of the mountain zap for good luck..

A giant mud crab, not scared of anything, but the unexpected sometimes, and that was it..

Anybody know the name of the bloomin' cave I like to find it again..??

You can find the Giant Mudcrab in Greenmead Cave, heading from the Imperial City to Skingrad.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scariest moments (aside from being mercilessly slaughtered by trolls when you play for the first time)

1. This was when I was a total newb. After "sleeping" in the upper bedroom of the Oak and Crosier in Chorrol, a man appeared standing in front of me. He was an average looking citizen, but he just stood in front of me with a silly grin on his face. I didn't know why he was here in "my" bedroom, and I wasn't interested in small talk. I must have left the door open. At the time I didn't know it was a terrible crime to hit someone with your bare fist, so, wanting him to get out of my face, I punched him. All of a sudden he turned into this hideous creature and pummeled me with his mace, and I died like a hopeless fool. I had no idea why he transformed into an evil wretch of a being, so I got really spooked out. Next, I loaded the save and hit him again with the intent to fight it out this time, but to my dismay - and of course "out of nowhere" - a guard appears in the doorway and yells "stop right there criminal scum!". So I have two creeps ready to kill me for just punching an idiot staring at me in my bedroom. It was probably scary because I didn't have a clue what was going on. It turns out that guy was a Mythic Dawn agent with bound armor, but his face mask is scary. And I found out how psychic the guards are.

2. So after mastering the game (high confidence here, nothing scares me now), I'm messing around in the city of Split of the Shivering Isles. I'm doing some video recording and I have the music turned off. I completely forgot that this is what makes the game more startling because there is no "attack" music warning, but I also assume no monsters are around to spoil the scene (I even kill a few on the outskirts just in case.) So my character is scoping the scene, watching the other people walk around in the village. They are funny looking characters, often complaining about their twin "doubles". Then some of them start acting strange. They run to one side of the road a little and turn their heads. I start to think well this is not going too well; I need to have them cooperate with my movie scene. But I notice they are all looking in one direction, and they even appear a little panicked; it's amazing how these NPC's are programmed to show expressions. I realize they are all looking at something behind me to my right, so I turn and see this big monster attacking two people and coming toward us! My skin shed at that moment because it was so unexpected and awful; it was like a scene from a horror movie or something shocking that occurs in the most ironic fashion. Here we are having fun and joking around complaining about the other twins, drinking beer at the table, I'm laughing at these funny looking green orcs in human clothes, but then HORROR OF HORRORS COMES TO EAT US ALL! Well it turned out to be a hulking scalon, ghastly looking monsters they are. I think I'll keep the music off when I need more shocks.