How rich is your character?

Carah

At one point in Oblivion, I relised I had absolutely no use for the vast amounts of money I had, all the houses had been bought and I didn't need any items from shops. Its not like in Morrowind where I would get houses just to fill up with my gold.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far i got nearly 400K into the bank account and about 30-40k in my pockets. My char is lvl 43. played her for some time but theres not many things that you can spend that much gold on.. thats the pity... Perhaps i'll gonna bury all of my gold somewhere and i'll have my very own treasure :P

My characters usually get about 200,000 septims before they become too powerful and I start a new character. Money is too easy to come by. There is nothing much to spend it on. In Morrowind, the purpose of getting really rich was to make really powerful custom enchanted items. I haven't figured out what to do with gold in Oblivion.

I am playing a barbarian character right now. He dislikes cities and crowds. Therefore, he avoids going to shops, and doesn't sell a lot of loot. I must not be roleplaying very well, because this character has about 70,000 septims at the point where it is about time to start a new character.

Do you ever wonder how a character can carry that much gold? In the real world, have you ever carried a canvas bank bag with rolls of coins in it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Never played the cheats. Right now at Level 50 something, she has about 65K. The most I've had is 88K. Usually after recharging my magical items, I drop down to 50-60K. I agree with whomever said at later levels money is easy to come by. Trolling a castle or cave does yield at least 10K if you sell your stuff to the right person. I found the same thing in MW. I had millions of dollars in that game once I got up so far in level. Kinda takes the fun out of it with too much money. All that loot and nothing to buy. I'm trying to resist buying another house, lol

My level 28 character has over 700k, I really got nothing to spend this money on seeing as how I repair my own equipment and recharge enchanted weapons with soul trap and Azura's star. I have bought every piece of property I can and upgraded them all. I would have had much more, but for the last while I no longer even pick up drops, unless they are rings or necklaces.