Any Draw Distance mods?

refuseandresist

The short draw distance and rendering in my opinion is the most jarring graphics issue with Skyrim. Even with all the kick ass texture, foliage, and water mods i got installed, every time i look up and see the jagged terrain geometry and the non exsistant bushes and grass that only render when your within about 150 meters of them just kind of breaks me out of the immersion of the game. Does anybody know there are any mods or settings that can be applied to make everything look just a little better?

There are tonnes of ini tweak guides available on the net that can improve draw distances and general graphics appearance, also the .cfg maker here is a really handy tool, but some research may be need before using it.

Do not use that, if you want a really good .ini editor use: Ini File Editor by Sir Garnon

If you haven't, read through the Nvidia Tweak Guide. Plus their's a few .ini tweaks/guides to be found on the Nexus as well.

But what will probably have the biggest impact, appearance/performance, you can change is Ugrids.

Edited by PopReference

Thing is about UGrids and all the other .ini tweaks is that the only time they show any real improvement to draw distance is when they start making the game super laggy or super unstable, or worse, both.

I'm gonna go ahead and give it try to see what happens. However, i admit i'm a little ignorant on what "UGrids" and what ".ini files" are. Could you maybe explain or at least give me a link that explains?

Thing is about UGrids and all the other .ini tweaks is that the only time they show any real improvement to draw distance is when they start making the game super laggy or super unstable, or worse, both.

I'm gonna go ahead and give it try to see what happens. However, i admit i'm a little ignorant on what "UGrids" and what ".ini files" are. Could you maybe explain or at least give me a link that explains?

Nvidia Tweak Guide. Skip to Advanced tweaks.

There are tonnes of ini tweak guides available on the net that can improve draw distances and general graphics appearance, also the .cfg maker here is a really handy tool, but some research may be need before using it.

Do not use that, if you want a really good .ini editor use: Ini File Editor by Sir Garnon

If you haven't, read through the Nvidia Tweak Guide. Plus their's a few .ini tweaks/guides to be found on the Nexus as well.

But what will probably have the biggest impact, appearance/performance, you can change is Ugrids.

I would love to know whats do bad about ati dna cfg maker, because i use it all the time and have had no problems with.

I would love to know whats do bad about ati dna cfg maker, because i use it all the time and have had no problems with.

Limiting, confusing, messy, excessive, missing stuff, adding stuff, unhelpful for tweak exparimention and worst of all: Old.

But if you use and like it and your game is stable and looks good, then good for you.

Try these:

Distant Detail

High Quality LODs

Enhanced Distant Terrain

Also search for INI tweaks that extend fade distances and whatnot, but without altering your grids-to-load. Oh, and I have Dynavision set to an obnoxious static DOF effect, to help hide a bit of the ugliness. A band-aid fix, I admit...

I've been searching myself for useful tweaks and mods to increase draw distance, without altering UGrids. I played forever with my grids-to-load set to 7, but then I experienced frequent outdoor permanent freezing, not worth it IMO... These allow me to actually bump things up even further, while getting sort of a "poor man's" UGrid effect. Good enough! Now someone just needs to fix those waterfalls and windmills...

Edited by ObsidianStag

^ Those 3 mods I use, and while they make the very far visuals look great and as they should, there's still the middle ground that is still gross. Like, I get perfect detail miles out and just a hundred feet in front of me, but everywhere inbetween is still a low-res mess.