Mod Request: Crashed Ship overhaul

immortalfrieza

Hello modders.

I'd like to request a mod that changes how crashed ships work. As it is the player there's not much point anymore to crashed ships because the repair costs and broken slots means that it costs as much salvage and repair a crashed ship as it would to simply buy the ship new, and forget about selling the ship for a profit since there is no ability to sell ships available in game. Therefore, it'd like to see a mod that changes the repair costs to something more reasonable but not overpowered at the same time. I'd say make it so salvaging a ship gives like a 15% to 25% decrease in price compared to buying one. Then if possible put in a system that lets players sell ships to make money, with things much like how selling cargo on the galactic market works so that the player will likely be able to make a profit doing it, but it could range from like a 5% profit to a massive 20% or 30% at times with the right ship. Make adjustments as you want to, I'm just wanting another thing to both make getting these crashed ships useful, give another means of making credits, but one that's balanced.

Also, if possible I'd like to be able to salvage crashed freighters and capital ships as well, with the same basic rules as above, since they exist but can't be salvaged like the smaller ships can.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

• 2 weeks later...