Calling all creative gamers!

nextheaven

Hello!

Do you stretch the limits of games? Do you play with the rules rather than by them? Do you think games are creative?

I am a second year PhD student at the Institute of Educational Technology at The Open University. My project focuses on the little explored area of creativity in digital games, and what players may learn from being creative in games. This also includes what aspects of game-based creativity are transferable to other areas of life such as the workplace, other hobbies or formal educational settings.

I am seeking people over the age of 18 who regularly play (3+ times per week) a range of different digital games– online, offline, on PC, console, mobile or any other digital medium. I'm also interested in hearing from speedrunners, modders, AAR writers, fanfiction writers, game artists, developers and those engaged in any other game-related creative pursuits.

Taking part will involving filling in an online survey taking approximately 30 minutes to complete.

To take part or find out more please visit: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/creativity-and-learning-in-digital-games

Also, if you know of anyone else who may be interested I would be very grateful if you could pass this on :smile: