Zombie Apocalypse has begun

Syco21

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clicky

The wiki doesn't seem to be edited in forms of LSD, but according to news stories, the attacker was on a new type of the drug.

I'll see what I can dig up on my previous information (got it off of youtube commentators and youtube news channels) but I did make it seem like facts, didn't I? I'm not quite sure about if those are facts or not, but I'd just put in "Miami Zombie" in youtube and click on all the results. You get a lot of different information, just depends on the person.

he didn't have pain glands anymore.

Pain... glands? I don't get it, really. Can't find anything about that :ohdear:

It's one of those secret things that they never covered in biology class for fear of people having theirs removed and becoming raging monsters. :whistling:

That's the problem when you get your information from youtube, or even Wikipedia. You often get people who don't know what the hell they're talking about trying to sound smarter than they actually are.

he didn't have pain glands anymore.

Pain... glands? I don't get it, really. Can't find anything about that :ohdear:

He probably meant to say the zombie guy's part of the brain respocible for processing data from the pain receptors wasn't functional. It happens when you consume high or lethal doses of powerful drugs like cocaine or heroin. Also happens when your have high doses of epinephrine (commonly known as adrenaline) in your system, doctors on battlefields use adrenaline shots on wounded soldiers to keep them alive and mobile.

But pain glands? There's no such thing as a pain gland. Gland is an organ that synthesizes and releases various chemical compounds (hormones, for example) inside or outside the body, like pancreas and mammary gland. Pain, like any other phisical feeling, is received by nociceptors. They are like sensors that send electrical impulses to the brain through nerves where they are processed and then you can "feel".

The common mistake is that people often think you feel with your skin when you actually feel with your brain. Same goes for blindness, some actually have their eyes completely the same as any other human beign but the occipital lobe is not interpreting the impulses correctly (or not at all) so they can't see. Basics of biology.

Edited by Werne

I was about to ask, what are pain glands? Where are they located? Are they a part of the endocrine system or the nervous system?