Can't access the Console

Hi. I recently transferred my Fallout: New Vegas game from my computer to my higher-performance laptop. I thought I had all the bugs worked out, but for some reason I can't access the Console.

The console is enabled in my Fallout.ini. I even tried disabled and renabling it.

My `/~ key isn't broken. It works just fine. I even tried that key while holding down Shift.

I even tried pressing each key on my keyboard one at a time. Nothing seems to be activating the Console.

And before you think I'm cheating, I only use the Console for quality assurance. Or for goofing off playthroughs where I put people in weird outfits. XD

Someone help a girl out? This is the last step to me finally being able to continue Unknown Origins. Please?

Okay, just needed to uninstall the infrared sensor.

But that just raises further questions.

1. Why does the infrared sensor keep you from accessing the console?

2. Why can't you just disable it? Why do you have to completely uninstall it?

3. Why can't you restart your computer after you uninstall it?

4. Is there a work around? My father uses this laptop for video chatting. He needs the infrared sensor.

1. Nobody knows

2. It's WIndows, it's gamebryo... Man, my game crashed no reason (and no mods). I've reinstalled it, put a lot of mods and it doesn't crash.... Expect some weirdness

3. idk

4. If U have Ultimate, U might create two windows installations, one of them on .vhd file and swap when needed.

For some obscure reason Microsoft disables the tilde key when an IR (infrared) receiver is detected. Many laptops still have the Serial IR I/O even though it is rarely used for anything. My guess is they use the Key scan code for something else when the IR is present.

You can possibly define another keycode to act as the trigger for the console commands

There is an Oblivion mod - Ring of console that allows using the console without the ~ key

Search on Skyrim found this one http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5975 It was originally written for a MAC, but it might work on a PC as well.