Solitude Thane question

landy8

Yet again!..

I've taken care of the bandits in that Broke Ore Grotto (or smoething like that). Combined it with the "Lights Out!" quest. Interrupted the summoning of Pothema. Killed her in the catacombs. Became a Bard and restored that Fire Festival. Purchased a house. I even carried that horn to the shrine of Talos. But that puny b**** Elisif does not want to make me a thane!

So the question is:

What quest is REQUIRED to get a thane title from Elisif? :wallbash:

PS: My current character haven't joined any side in the Civil War yet.

Edited by landy8

Pop over here and you can follow through the various walkthrough's to become Thane of Solitude (Haafingar.)

Like I said initially, I've completed both quests mentioned there. BTW, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim is in my browser's bookmarks. Tried

GetStage Favor252

in console. It gave me 200 in return. And SetStage is useless in this case.

It's not the first time, BTW. And not only in Solitude. Had the same situation in Markarth, but Calcelmo's quest triggered it finally switching on the "What else can I do for you, Jarl?" dialogue option. I was just curious... Maybe someone has encountered the same problem? And what quest triggered this bug?

Well, forget about this topic. I've found the solution myself.

In case someone is interested, read the Spoiler.

It's quite simple, really. When that Jarls tell you that you have to own at least one piece of property in their cities, they LIE! You must purchase every available upgrade for your home. At least, that did the trick in my case. I forgot to buy decorations. After I've purchased everything, that Thane-proceeding line finally appeared in Elisif's dialogue options.

Of course, I've got that Assist the People of Haafingar quest glitch (one that doesn't remove it from your journal if you've already assisted 5 or more people), but I already know how to fix it.

Edited by landy8