A Tale of Two Lizards

RazaCovek

I have Elsweyr Anequina. I have no problems with this mod except the Nequinal Lizards. Their necks either stretch to infinity or are attached to my cursor. Once I found their heads glued to each other or to ground by their feet. The only other similar creature Slarjei Bird is not affected. See pics under my name in http://beta.nexusmods.com/images/view/

2. Your question is not a simple one and specific to a certain mod. Most likely nobody who's read your question knew the answer.
  3. People who answer questions here are being nice. Nobody is obligated to answer anything.
  4. I don't know the answer either, but if I had to guess, I would guess that there is a problem with the creature's skeleton. Try swapping out the lizard's skeleton with the Slarjei Bird's one. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to do some experimentation.

Changing the skeleton goes into modding territory - basically you're modding the mod to fix the error. If you mess something up and you don't know how to fix it, you'll need to revert to a backup of the mod.

You can change the file path for the skeleton in the Construction Set - find the creature and change the file path for the skeleton. If you've never used the Construction Set before then it's probably best to read a tutorial or two just to learn the basics of opening and saving esp files.

Alternatively, you could copy the skeleton.nif file for the Slarjei Bird and use it to replace the Nequinal Lizard's one. They are probably located in somewhere like Data\meshes\Creatures\?????

Again, I repeat I'm only making a guess. I have no familiarity with this bug and I have zero experience with creature modelling. Make sure you have backups of everything.

The last idea would probably have worked except neither creature has a folder. Currently, I'm killing them off and deleting them with Decompose Corpse in hope that it will reset the creature. Edited by RazaCovek

I looked at the Nequinal Lizard in CS, the Modlist "anequinadesertlizard.nif" Preview shows it's head glued to the ground. There is also a Clanfear.nif and it's Head.nif. I will deactivate the lizard and try the Clanfear and see what happens.

My effort to change them over to the Clanfear didn't work. The Nequinals were still there and their necks disappeared into the sun. I guess the changes would not show up unless I started a new game.