SirMagus

Akatsuki Mod: Good idea?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think my idea is good?

• Hell yeah!
    • Sure.
    • Nah.
    • It sucks.

I recently finished Knights of the Nine (never bothered to in the past) and I noticed how bloody powerful Umaril's sword was. It had 243 attack, however, MMM had an expansion for x1.5 damage, so let's say it was 162. However, when I went to pick it up, it went away and replaced itself with a watered down version of what it was. Could you do that for Hidan? Since it makes sense, that ring is really overpowered to wear, but it would be great to verse someone with that. If that's possible, then I'm all for making it reflect damage and magic 100% when versing him, but watering it down afterwards below 80% for both afterwards.

For Kakuzu, I reckon removing the additional strength and elemental resistances and replacing it with extended HP. I don't remember him being resistant to any element, especially when he took a Chidori and improved Rasengan to the chest.

I reckon that you get Orochimaru's ring. When you've joined, he's left, so that's the one given to you (so somehow, Orochimaru didn't keep it like he did in the Anime). Either that, or as Akatsuki, you need to hunt down Orochimaru to take his ring (not completely accurate to the anime, but it's merely ideas) No need to do one for Tobi, he takes Sasori's.

I've had an idea for Sasori if you have to vs him (as a good guy, like as in a quest). You've approached what you believe to be the Akatsuki cavern (though it's a decoy), but Sasori and Deidara are there. Now I have 2 ideas for this, depending on whether it's easily possiblee to make.

My favourite is that you get to a certain bit, and a 'movie' plays. What I mean is that all but the escape function and looking around is disabled, just like when spying on Agarmir, or some main quest things, or when the Emperor is being assasinated, you can't help but watch. For this, you walk to a certain bit, and your functions are disabled. Deidara tells Sasori that he's off (or if there's not voices, which would be FAR easier, and in some cases, better, as much as I liked the Elder Council mod, those voices, they were real bad, especially the soldiers). If no voices, then Deidara just runs off. Sasori moves back and tells of his puppets and how you shouldn't have come or something like that, then casts something. Again if no voices, he moves back, and casts something. The casting does nothing, or something harmless, or even just the motion of casting, like in one of those animated poses mods. Then the walls on the sides reveal 10 other Sasoris. None are more powerful than the other, and of course their power isn't uber, but there are 11 of them in all, and you must take out Sasori and his 'puppets'. Search one of them afterwards and one of them (the original) will have his ring.

The 2nd idea has the same thing as the first. The exception is that Sasori walks up to you to talk to you. He says the same stuff of why you should never have come, and that Deidara has already left. After talking to him, the movie thing will ensue, of his puppets coming from walls that go down.

The 3rd idea removes the movie concept, and just the talking one. After being forced to talking to him, the battle starts, and the walls then progressively go down, revealing another Sasori.

Please tell me how hard those things are to mod. Since you're making Sasori anyway, the clones will only be missing an Akatsuki Robe, instead will have something else from the anime (don't remember, if nothing comes to mind, just give them Mythic Dawn robes and call them something else).

I also have an idea about the Itachi battle.

I recently beat the Ice Siren in Midas Magic. The entire room was pitch black except for the Ice Siren (boss of the Ice Plane) and the stand which had the book on it (the book wasn't bright, if the book was knocked out of the stand, you couldn't see it). While that was going, it was snowing/blizzarding (it was blizzard, but I'm not sure whether that's what snow has been the entire time) in the meantime. Whether I installed it wrong or whether it was meant to be like that, I don't know (it looked awesome, snow and everything, very epic, especially when I had "Lord of the Castle" as my battle music, it's from Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, it's the final boss music). Just wondering how easy that is if it's possible, since a master of Illusion would be loads of fun to verse in a place like that.

Please tell me how good all these ideas are and whether they are hard or not. And as much as I'd love to mod, I am hopeless at any of that, so don't count on me one bit, I'm just with the ideas.

I didn't quite get what you meant about Hidan, but I agree about Sasori. He should have a puppet to fight with also.

And then I didn't quite get what you were saying about Itachi's fight... I haven't played those games you've played =P

But also I'm not a modder, or... not a very good one, I wouldn't manage to make nice rooms or stuff like that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midas Magic Spells of Aurum is the most awesome oblivion mod in existence. You'll find it at number 1 in the top 100 Oblivion mods on this site. Along with adding brand new spells, it also adds many new landspaces, and one of which was the Ice Plane, which you could enter once you activated the Great Crystal in the Astral Plane and figured out the answer in the 'crossworlds' as to how to get there. In the Ice Plane, once you explored a bit, there's a great palace entrance. Enter there, and the place is pitch black, except for the Ice Siren, and a bookstand, in which a book was at. While the place was pitch black ('light' spells did nothing) and obviously inside, it was blizzarding while playing, as if it was a weather effect. For my game, when I went to kill the Ice Siren, the battle music called Lord of the Castle played (you can put you're own music into Oblivion if you wish, that was one of them). That doesn't need to be in the mod, I was merely stating how even more epic the battle was.

I was saying that for the Itachi battle, the place you enter could be pitch black, yet it would be blizzarding, which is an effect that's in Vanilla Oblivion if I'm not mistaken. For someone who's a master illusionist, something like that is epic and makes no sense, so it's assumed that Itachi is creating this. I actually just thought of another idea. You should vs 3 Itachis, but only 1 is the real one. The other 2 have things like Flare or something. The spells of the fake Itachi's will look the same, but be incredibly weak. They could have the same HP to annoy you immensely (but Itachi doesn't have too much health anyway, well, still a lot), but their attack skills and magic can be useless, just look the same, that's it. The point is, master of illusion. The real Itachi will still have powerful destruction spells though, just like in the anime, how he burned the Stone Toad to escape, yet the toad can breath fire. The idea of 3 Itachi's came from Diablo II, when vsing Baal, he would duplicate himself, but the fake copies had the same HP, just to annoy the hell out of you.

For Hidan, have you got the official expansion Knights of the Nine for Oblivion? I don't know anywhere in Vanilla Oblivion where something of what I'm talking about exists, just in the battle against Umaril in Knights of the Nine. When you finish the battle against Umaril, you can grab his sword. His sword has a massive attack number. However, when you actually pick it up, it removes the sword then quickly adds the same one. However, it's attack strength is no where near as powerful, no where near more powerful than the Umbra Sword. My idea for Hidan's ring is that those awesome stats on the ring should be his to keep, and him only. So when vsing him, like Umaril, he has the thing super powerful (the ring with the enchantments at like 100% each or 80% each), but when you kill him and you go to pick it up, it removes itself and just as quickly adds itself back on again, but it's not as good, so like 40% for both or something like that. Play Knights of Nine and you'll see what I mean, just when you get to Umaril, keep an eye out for his sword and how powerful it is before you pick it up, and after you pick it up. Or maybe something online has the info that you need.

I don't remember saying that you had to make anything fancy for rooms. The place where I think you should vs Itachi is pitch black, not even light spells light it up. It leads me to assume that the textures themselves are completely black, so all you need to do is borrow a room from Vanilla Oblivion of your choice (the room was just a hallway in Midas Magic), nothing special, you could tell it was a hallway) and paint it completely black. As for why that battle was epic for me (again, off topic, but my personal experience in that battle), this youtube video has the music that played for me.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_SS9BAiXrSc&...feature=related

As for the place with Sasori, just take one of those doors that slowly goes down all by itself. You'll find them in Ayleid Ruins like Vilverin. Another example is the final Umbacano quest, where after the scene, all those moving things slowly came down and you had an army of undead to face.

EDIT: Found a youtube video by the guy who made Midas Magic himself. At 2:12, it shows the inside of what I'm talking about for where I vsed the Ice Siren. I'm not sure why mine was pitch black, but I don't care, it made the battle far more epic.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SlMVZQvaNsI&...re=channel_page

Nice! I'll check out that mod myself, and after I finish most of it I'll let you inn on what my opinion is, for the moment it looks very nice.

But also, it would be incredibly cool if we were able to do like in Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. When you fight against Shadow Link, the battle map seems endless and so big, but when you destroy Shadow Link it turns into a room.

That would be awesome to have in Itachi's battle, where you face him and then he turns the whole room you're in into a large and open battlefield for the both of you.

But I'm at school right now, I'll get home as soon as I can and check out the mod. I'll reply shortly after I'm done playing and testing it out. =D

I agree, your way is far better than mine. That was an awesome battle in that game.

Lol, I can't figure out the Crossworlds thing...

Or at least, I need the "Open the Rocks" spell or whatever to activate the big crystal.

Mind helping me out if you know how? =P

I've made most of the headbands but I'm having problems making the collision objects for them,

cause when I make the collision in Blender and extract the file to NIF, when I open the file there is no hvkCollisionObject on the list...

Anyone know how to fix that?

I followed all the steps of LHammond's collision tutorial, he got the hvkCollisionObject on the list, but I didn't.

Hope someone can help.

Hmm, ok, first let's look at this on the side of creativity and fantasy:

Not a bad idea at all! Very cool indeed! It reminds me alot of "ninjic" (does that word even exist lol) stuff.

But were those pictures of the headbands from the sims 2? :P

I think that you might not want to know about my comments about this from the historical sides...

Lol, you can tell me if you want.

But anyways, I've managed to make the Akatsuki Rings and the Headbands,

all headbands with different countries' logos on, also with anti's.

Rings are not uploaded because I'm not quite done with them,

cause I'm not sure about what to do with them yet.