History channel is about anything but history...

Dan3345

I used to watch House (RIP), but now that series is ended. I unplugged my direct tv box and gave it to my dad. I have no need for it now.

its for several reasons the least of which that the new programs they show draw more viewers then their actual history stuff ever did.

also they still do show a large amount of actual educational historic content. depends where you live though, in canada, and some provinces there is a legal requirement of how much strict entertainment they are allowed to show.

its for several reasons the least of which that the new programs they show draw more viewers then their actual history stuff ever did.

also they still do show a large amount of actual educational historic content. depends where you live though, in canada, and some provinces there is a legal requirement of how much strict entertainment they are allowed to show.

I wish the US would take a page of out Canada's book then......

There is a lot of history and science shows in Aus that is much better than the History Channel. SBS and ABC (not related to the American version) do a lot of these and they are very interesting, and more educational than the American counterparts.

There is a lot of history and science shows in Aus that is much better than the History Channel. SBS and ABC (not related to the American version) do a lot of these and they are very interesting, and more educational than the American counterparts.

give it a few years, it will go down the drain as people realize that watching orange people get drunk is more fun.

give it a few years, it will go down the drain as people realize that watching orange people get drunk is more fun.

They being doing the same shows for over 30 years and they are government funded stations. We already have enough of that crap in the 3 major channels and I'm glad that they are not bring that crap in those stations. For instance, SBS is the only station where you can see all the best foreign movie and the ABC is the only place where you can see proper news without going into some rich guy's hot wife.