Vault 111 elevator platform as you leave the vault is invisible

Numbnumb

I have got a little glitch. The platform on the elevator that takes you in and out of Vault 111 has disappeared. It still works it just is invisible. This suddenly happened about two weeks ago and I have not idea what caused ti. I have reinstalled the game, done a file check and other things but nothing seems to notice that the platform is now invisible.

Might anyone have a suggestion as to how to make this rascal visible again? I have already reinstalled the game and file checked but nothing has changed.

I can still use it as it still works as it is supposed to just no graphic representation.

it is caused by *Enhanced Lights And Fx* if you have that mod. (i had the same issue, and it turns out ELFX makes the elevator and Metal Door invisible)

however it could also be possible, to be caused by any interior lighting mod.

Note: Cage Door as in the Metal Gate that opens up when you exit the vault elevator into the vault. (Dont know what you would call it lol, but the thing that lifts up as the vault elevator reaches the floor so you can progress into the vault.)

Edited by Guest

To update: The platform is still invisible in my game and starting a new game does not make any difference at all. I don't know what caused this issue but I eliminated any mods that might have affected this and restarted a new game afterwards. No change. I can live with it as the platform and the gate are invisible but can still exit the vault. \

If anyone has found a cause or cure for this I would be most grateful for a response.

Thanks to all. We have a great community here.

You should look at all of your mods in xEdit to see which mod(s) might be making changes to the cell.

Even though you think you may be deactivating everything that “might have affected this” you don’t know if you have a mod with an unwanted “dirty” edit to the cell without examining them. A mod that has nothing to do with the vault could very well have a dirty edit that is causing the problem.

A simple thing as a mod author touching something in the V111 cell to see what the name is could be enough to record it as a change in the CK. If that edit isn’t cleaned up before publishing the mod it could potentially be enough to cause a problem like you’re having.

Looking at your mods in xEdit to rule out that possibility is the only real way to know what you’re dealing with and eliminate or confirm a dirty edit as the cause. It’s also much faster than launching and quitting the game while deactivating mods piecemeal to find the problem child.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...