Map of Dragon Burials

BrettM

I've been trying to use the map of dragon burials from Delphine's secret chamber as a decoration. I have tried placing it on numerous tables in several different houses. When I leave the house and return, it has fallen through whatever table I tried and I find it on the floor underneath. It doesn't matter how many times I pick it up and put it back on the same table, it just keeps falling through every time I leave the cell.

Most other items will stay where you put them after one or two tries. Some, like this map and one of the claw keys, won't stay anywhere I've tried to place them. Is there any fix for this map and other items that won't stay put? Is the problem with the map itself or with some general property of tables that make them unable to hold it?

Have you tried this mod? - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13586

It works pretty well, but does have some minor issues. For the most part items I have placed using it have remained in place once locked. I have the same map on its edge on a table but leaning against a wall (rather than flat on the table) and the only thing it has done is sink a tiny bit every once in a while. Other items as the white phial, various claws, the skull keys, the torture instrument kit, dwemer gyro (love that red glow), etc. that I have placed stay exactly where placed using the mod. The only item I have run across that will not stay is a fishing rod.

I use the SKSE version, but the vanilla worked just as well, just a bit more awkward to use.

Hope it helps.

Trukittn, I tried your technique, and nothing changed. I also tried the variant shown on the UESP wiki (drop on floor, leave house, quicksave/load, return to house). Using that technique the map vanished entirely. Oops.

@landy8: Volendrung can be placed in one of the big display cases without problem. I reserve those for artifacts that otherwise present problems, like Volendrung and the Ghost Blade. So far it has worked, but I keep my eye on them remembering how many daggers I've lost to the dagger cases in Hjerim.

Why, oh why, does do-it-yourself decorating have to be such a pain? I now keep a list of artifact IDs around so I can use the console to respawn all the ones that get lost while I'm trying different placements. It would be easier if they just all disappeared immediately, but sometimes they'll last for days before deciding to take a hike. Just when you think it's safe ... zing!

Edit: @Tidus44: Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at it.

Edited by BrettM

@landy8: Volendrung can be placed in one of the big display cases without problem. I reserve those for artifacts that otherwise present problems, like Volendrung and the Ghost Blade. So far it has worked, but I keep my eye on them remembering how many daggers I've lost to the dagger cases in Hjerim.

Thanks a lot! Pity there are no big display cases in Honeyside that I use as a main home for my current character. As for the Ghostblade - had no problem with it. It was hanging pretty well on a plaque in Proudspire Manor after my previous character got it.

Added: Thou I recall having a Ghostblade problem with my pre-pre-previous character, when I tried to put it into some weapon rack.

As for the daggers... Well, I'm extremely careful with that dagger cases after jamming Mehrunes Razor once. :facepalm:

Edited by landy8

If you've lost the stone or had the no container error at the wall, here is the console commands to get it back. either one work.

player.additem 000df202 1

player.additem 000ado6f 1

I don't know if only one of them triggers the quest, but you get a stone in your inventory for either.

for objects, use this to change the size of th ings in the game. works with most items/objects. can be a game breaker if not done in moderation.

player.getscale (object) <----- from console click on object and make sure its ID # is on the screen

player.setscale (object) ### <---- ### is the new scaled size you want.

Edited by Brandy_123