Massive graphical error.

Fsmmania

I just built a new computer and now I'm having this really bad graphics glitch. All of the textures have random spiky stretchy bits shooting out of them and jittering all over the place. It looks a little like glass is flying everywhere. I've never seen this kind of thing before. The attached screenshot fails to show just how severe this problem can be. When I look at a face up close I almost can't see them the glitches get so bad.

I'm running it on an Intel i5-3570k processor at 3.4Ghz, using the integrated graphics which have handled everything else I've played pretty well including Crysis, and I have 8 Gb of RAM.

It doesn't look like your integrated graphics is up to the task. How much video RAM is dedicated? If its less then 1 gig, you are going to have these kind of problems with graphics and at the very best you might be able to play at the lowest video setting.

The thing is the integrated graphics handled Crysis on med-high specs just fine, which leads me to believe that they can in fact handle the load,. An assumption that is backed up by the fact that other people have been able to play Skyrim on this exact CPU using the integrated graphics.

I'm already running skyrim at the lowest settings, and I have 1.7 Gb of VRAM.

And my crappy laptop which couldn't handle playing anything could play skyrim on low settings.

Edited by Fsmmania

I don't know much about integrated drivers, but I assume there still are driver updates? Do you have the latest, and if yes, have you tried to roll back? Reinstall?

I agree, I have seen that some people are able to use the integrated graphics, though maybe not with the best results.

Do you have the appropriate DirectX installed?

If you are using Bethesda's HD texture pack, have you tried without it?

Just a few ideas, hope you get it working!

I don't know much about integrated drivers, but I assume there still are driver updates? Do you have the latest, and if yes, have you tried to roll back? Reinstall?

I agree, I have seen that some people are able to use the integrated graphics, though maybe not with the best results.

Do you have the appropriate DirectX installed?

If you are using Bethesda's HD texture pack, have you tried without it?

Just a few ideas, hope you get it working!

I've been playing with the drivers, rolling back doesn't seem to help and while there is a newer driver I'm having trouble installing it.

I have DirectX 11 and I'm using the standard texture pack.