More cunning NPC's

LordSarcasm

Numerous skills and spells seemingly only exist for you own benefit. Like the entire illusion skill tree for example, or sneaking, or pick pocketing. Why aren't any enemy NPC's able to cast fury or fear against say, your followers and turn them against you? Why don't thieves ever try to pick pocket you or break into your home to steal something? Imagine what getting stalked by a sneaking saber cat or wolf pack would be like. If any mod actually allows for these traits could you tell me?

I have actually seen a "thief" roaming around robbing a home and robbing people on the side of the road. I don't know if he has ever tried to steal from me - he's very sneaky and I don't notice him right away. :psyduck:

I do think the creatures are a bit too foolhardy - especially in the case of the wolves. But even the creatures, I've noticed they kind of come out of nowhere at me sometimes, especially the sabers - they seem to be crouching in the grass/forest before coming out of nowhere - unless I see them uphill. Maybe they can tell when they have been detected? Maybe the "player" has a line of sight similar to NPCs and the times when we see them kind of go after us without even trying to sneak, it's because they are already in our line of sight.

I don't know if it's that detailed, but Actors seem to be a lot smarter in Skyrim. Most of them are probably the way they are because it doesn't make sense that most NPCs would get incredibly skilled if their job was a farmer/shop owner. Most of them seem to shy away from dungeons and looking for a fight.

But anyway I'll check it out :) It would be cool to have -some- competition with some masters of the perks - I don't know about a whole lot of them, but at least a few would provide a seasoned player some sort of challenge by that point.