Top ten reasons a zombie apocalypse would fail

SubjectProphet

lol read World War Z. Explains it all lmao.

Other then that, nah, I don't honestly believe a zombie apocalypse will happen (even through the majority of people deserve it to happen). As for my katanas, they are for practice (yes, I practice with actual blades and they are razor sharp). Guns, for anyone stupid enough to try and sneak away with my tv in the middle of the night. =P Hasn't happened yet thankfully.

In World War Z, the zombies are bombed with FAE weapons and the only damage they suffer is having their lungs sucked out their mouths.

1. An FAE would destroy you, not just rip your lungs out in a totally unbelievable fashion.

2. Lack of lungs would kill any real life zombie.

In WWZ, the zombies freeze, thaw and come back to life. In WWZ it's stated that they are especially susceptible to freezing due to a lack of body heat from a lack of blood flow.

1. Real life zombies need blood flow every bit as much as the uninfected.

2, Hypothermia is just as deadly to zombies as it is to people.

3. Frozen blood is just as deadly to zombies as to people.

World War Z is a terrible source to use as reference for a real world zombie outbreak. It's a great back, but the zombies work in the real world.

All this talk of brains makes me want to watch Now and Again. It's a real shame that they did not renew it for one last season, that's all it really needed. Just one more season to tie everything up and it would have been an amazing show to keep in one's collection.

A zombie would be in the same form of a human/animal, making it weak against environment without the brain to actually protect itself from cold and heat. Animals could be infected, true, but hey, just a bigger challenge for our hunters. Animals bite anyway. Animals already have the zombie virus (rabies) though it will spread slowly.

Another thing: how does a virus pass so quickly? All of these zombie films seem to have it happen in a few months when a virus spreads rather slowly.

Another thing: how does a virus pass so quickly? All of these zombie films seem to have it happen in a few months when a virus spreads rather slowly.

If it's airborn, then depending on wind speed and direction it can affect a quite large area and if there are multiple ways to transfer it, it has more destructive potential. Also, if there are multiple points of origin, the virus would spread at a much faster rate covering larger areas. And don't forget animals, birds can fly long distances and can potentially be cariers for the virus which makes it spread even faster.

Theoretically, the scenario might be possible, you just need to take all things into consideration. Lucky for us, a virus like that doesn't exist yet.

Edited by Werne

I think that I'm in a good location if there is ever a zombie outbreak; northern Minnesota. Everyone up here has guns, and the towns are spread apart. The only major population center within an hour is Duluth. However, I would much rather be in the boundary waters for a situation like that; unless of course, the zombies can swim. Then we're all in trouble.

I was tempted to make a statement about the cause of zombification being modern television, but I think I'll hold off on that one. :rolleyes:

If it's airborn, then depending on wind speed and direction it can affect a quite large area and if there are multiple ways to transfer it, it has more destructive potential. Also, if there are multiple points of origin, the virus would spread at a much faster rate covering larger areas. And don't forget animals, birds can fly long distances and can potentially be cariers for the virus which makes it spread even faster.

Theoretically, the scenario might be possible, you just need to take all things into consideration. Lucky for us, a virus like that doesn't exist yet.

A zombie infection is possible, but I doubt it'd turn into the apocalypse. I don't really think it will be caused by a virus, or even bring people back to life, but be a drug that makes people mentally insane like the new LSD is. A virus is still a horrible way to spread a world-ending sickness as we have plenty of ways of curing it. It some lab out there is working on a zombie thingy, it'd be a drug, parasite, or disease.

but be a drug that makes people mentally insane like the new LSD is.

Erm, that would be a bit of a large failure since you would have to get the drug and take it to be a "zombie". Death is usually bad for a drug-pusher's bottom line, Meaning that the only people who would take this drug would be people who are already violent and don't care, and the problem eventually solves itself. I'd actually be more inclined to believe that it was something being made by the military for use as a chemical weapon or poison for clearing out insurgents... If anything. It just seems like horrible business sense to be a recreational drug.

i had this zombie comic book, and the whole weather thing came into play, the zombie froze in place while chasing a guy (who had on winter clothing)

BUT it also depends ont he kind of virus, some viruses dont actually kill, they just warp the mind, some kill then instantly reeanimate the body.

the main problem i see with zombies is, why dont they just attack each other? there has never, in any zombie movye/game ive played ever been some kindof identifier for zombies (except for the special zombies in left 4 dead) so why wouldnt they kill each other?

some zombie virus type just bring humans to a primal state, so they would know to drink atleast, and when it comes to guns, you would need something with the power to breach the skull. no shotguns basically (unless you got slugs or super close range)

and with coordination, some virus types seem to have very little control, others can gain coordinationt hat borders uninfected human life, some it slowly gets more coordinated

Edited by TheCalliton

I have read some comics where the zombies identified each other by pheromones/scent. And they weren't rotting either. They were only zombies because the virus would attack and degrade the meninges of the axons on nerve cells causing large areas of the brain even entire hemispheres to fire uncontrollably. The result would be a cerebral cortex that is largely useless and thus the body would rely on the spinal cord and the cerebellum to control the rest. Both of those two things regulate involuntary bodily actions along with instincts.