Nvidia 301.42 Driver problem

anybody have problem with these new r300 driver in win7(32-bit)? when in 2D profile it shows artifacts on fonts and in 3D its crashed showing "Display driver stopped responding and recovered"

I am now rollback to previous 295.73 but I really want that FXAA :(

I have tried 296.10 in 32-bit but shows same problem as above but a stable for my win 7 64

anybody have problem with these new r300 driver in win7(32-bit)? when in 2D profile it shows artifacts on fonts and in 3D its crashed showing "Display driver stopped responding and recovered"

I am now rollback to previous 295.73 but I really want that FXAA :(

I have tried 296.10 in 32-bit but shows same problem as above but a stable for my win 7 64

I have an MSI gtx 560ti 2GDDR5 and no issues like you described with latest 301.42 driver. And you're not having any problems with 295? If clean install following driver sweeper of uninstall doesn't work, you could keep the 295 and forced fxaa through nvidia inspector. I believe that was the first driver I was able to force it through.

Fxaa doesn't display in control panel, but forced on through nv inspector. It, IMO, isn't quite as effective as latest driver, but improved nonetheless.

Thanks! managed to start Nvidia Inspector after having brawl with antivirus and enabled the FXAA but there is no indicator if I toggle it on, is it really shows an icon on screen? :confused:

will try the Driver sweeper for 301.42 :psyduck:

Edited by samadchaz

Thanks! managed to start Nvidia Inspector after having brawl with antivirus and enabled the FXAA but there is no indicator if I toggle it on, is it really shows an icon on screen?

Why should there be an icon? That would detract from the game experience.

Never noticed one. But it's easy to test if you have an Unreal-based game, like Mass Effect, where regular AA doesn't work, you'll be sure to notice it on the rougher edges.

Thanks! managed to start Nvidia Inspector after having brawl with antivirus and enabled the FXAA but there is no indicator if I toggle it on, is it really shows an icon on screen? :confused:

will try the Driver sweeper for 301.42 :psyduck:

Sorry, what do you mean by an icon?

And I agree with Erik005, I missed it on OP, if your OS is 64bit why are you using the 32bit driver?

oki oki I'm now going to restart my 24x7 running computer and shift all programs and games to x64 but it will take too much time :rolleyes:

I'm by no means a computer guru, but if your mono supports 64bit, and your running a 64bit operating system, you shouldn't need to do anything besides install the 64bit driver. Yes you need to restart, but if you install a new driver, you should be restarting your system anyways.