Nvidia 301.42 Driver problem

Ive been having the same problems, 296 even gave me a blue screen error. I am using the 64 bit drivers.

296 worked fine for about 2 weeks for me too, until yesterday. Then it got to the point i could use it, until the blue screen. I finally got 301 up, and it crashed to (just the driver and only once).

Also I have a gtx 460m and according to a desktop gadget its been running super hot lately, like 80-93 degrees celsius, within 10 minutes of any game(portal 2, minecraft, even a gamecube emulator),and just dual monitoring with netflix takes me up to 80 with out anything else going on my computer . And I used to be able to run skyrim for hours and never go above 80 degrees. Would this be related? Or would it be a hardware issue potentially?

Ive been having the same problems, 296 even gave me a blue screen error. I am using the 64 bit drivers.

296 worked fine for about 2 weeks for me too, until yesterday. Then it got to the point i could use it, until the blue screen. I finally got 301 up, and it crashed to (just the driver and only once).

Also I have a gtx 460m and according to a desktop gadget its been running super hot lately, like 80-93 degrees celsius, within 10 minutes of any game(portal 2, minecraft, even a gamecube emulator),and just dual monitoring with netflix takes me up to 80 with out anything else going on my computer . And I used to be able to run skyrim for hours and never go above 80 degrees. Would this be related? Or would it be a hardware issue potentially?

The blue screen errors I couldn't comment on. I haven't seen too many reports of it.

Now your laptops card, however, as you said is running critically hot. Im extremely doubtful its driver related. You may wana run some hardware tests outside of the OS to make sure all cooling hardware is functional. You might have a bad fan. If there's a fault there, your gpu is not the only piece of hardware at risk. I would certainly not do anything graphically demanding until that heat issue is resolved, otherwise your laptop may convert to a paper weight.

additionally, the older the laptop gets, the more attentive you probably want to be to cleaning it and using additional cooling methods such as fan base/stand etc.

I just upgraded to 301.42 today, and browser typing got incredibly sluggish, slowing down the whole PC. And windows were slow to move. Went as far as to rollback Firefox to no avail.

Uninstalling 301.42 and going back to 301.24 beta solved the problem.

Just a heads up.