Secret Dragon in Blackreach

radobal

Did you guys know that there is a hidden dragon in Blackreach. When you shout on that big shiny thing hanging above the falmer stronghold, a unique, named dragon comes down flying. He has his own unique skin.

thanks, yep, that's Vulthuryol ('Dark Overlord Fire' in dragon language), might be a unique ancient dragon type.

Using shout Unrelenting Force on the hanging yellow orb located in the Silent City of Blackreach summons him.

Kinda wish Bethesda added more dialog to more of the named dragons instead of them immediately going into combat mode,

they probably could have had a lot of interesting stories to tell.

I've often wondered how he got there and whether he's one of the dragons who never died and didn't need to be resurrected by Alduin. Was he captured by the Dwemer long ago, perhaps held in that orb until we released him? Did he find his own way to Blackreach while hiding from the Dragonguard extermination squads? It would be nice to learn his story one day. I generally let him live, so perhaps he'll become lonely enough to want to talk rather than fight.

I've often wondered how he got there and whether he's one of the dragons who never died and didn't need to be resurrected by Alduin. Was he captured by the Dwemer long ago, perhaps held in that orb until we released him? Did he find his own way to Blackreach while hiding from the Dragonguard extermination squads? It would be nice to learn his story one day. I generally let him live, so perhaps he'll become lonely enough to want to talk rather than fight.

People used to ooh and ahh all over the PS3 board about how cool Blackreach is, but this was one of my biggest complaints. It's huge and empty, devoid of anything. There's no story background to explain anything outside of the nirnroot quest. Why is the dragon there? Why do the falmer have servants? Why is there that huge room that looks like the Falmer are giving a lecture?

What's the reason for even going down there outside of nirnroots and geodes?

It also seems to me that Bethesda went out of their way to include nothing about the Falmer culture. We know they were the snow elves, and Falmer weapons weigh more than most any other weapons in the game. So they must be incredibly strong and cunning, and yet there's no Falmer crafting stations, one mushroom farm.. I don't even think I've ever seen a skeever spit like you see with the giants. How do they LIVE down there? Is that the point of the human servants? Are they dependent on them? And if so, where are the human farms?

Such a big pointless area.

To Stemin:

There are some ingame books about the Falmer's past (how they ended up underground and became blind and feral). There were also some issues about Falmer enslaving the surface dwellers.

BTW, if you don't attack that Falmer subjects, some of them say something like "go away before anyone notices you". They don't sound very friendly, but not so hostile either.

To radobal:

I always jump on that globe to make a photo (screenshot) with my character on its top. I tried to cut the chain that globe hangs on, tried to burn and freeze that chain...

But I never tried to Shout at that globe! Thanks for advice!

Edited by landy8