Dawnguard Trailer

scottmack

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think theres still a Script Errror with the Demise of Paarthurnax, i mean DawnGuard is a whole New ball game, so does Bethesda Seriously expect us to Murder Paarthurnax and get kicked out of High Hrothgar.

Lets not start the debate again, lets focus on the facts, in the end you are told to Kill the Dragon and get Kicked Out.

Do you guys think theres still a Script Errror with the Demise of Paarthurnax, i mean DawnGuard is a whole New ball game, so does Bethesda Seriously expect us to Murder Paarthurnax and get kicked out of High Hrothgar.

Lets not start the debate again, lets focus on the facts, in the end you are told to Kill the Dragon and get Kicked Out.

The DLC will most likely not involve either the greaybeards, the imperials, the stormcloaks, or the Blades.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

I read that in Dawnguard we will know more about the Aldmiri Domenion and the Snow Elves, i fforgot what was said, so obvioulsy there will be something about the Imperials and the Storm Cloaks

there is nothing about Dawnguard that involved the Aldmeri Dominion, at least that has been said.

This is more something that deserves a new topic (and this is why this will be my only reply to this string) but I will say this:

1. There's nothing important being missed by being shunned by the Greybeards nor by the Blades. There are zero consequences, and in general the idea was supposed to be that you would owe your allegiance to only one of the two groups, not both. That's the general polarization of the game. Imperials would be expected to choose the Blades. Stormcloaks, the Greybeards. So why this was ever a real issue with anyone is beyond me, unless you're getting caught up on #2, which is actually a different matter entirely.

2. There was clearly no thought put into the quest, despite all of the voice acting done for it. You should be able to convince either group to accept what you actually want to do and/or did without shunning you. This has nothing to do with the characters, its just Beth not bothering to introduce any real choices nor consequences to the game's quests.

2. There was clearly no thought put into the quest, despite all of the voice acting done for it. You should be able to convince either group to accept what you actually want to do and/or did without shunning you. This has nothing to do with the characters, its just Beth not bothering to introduce any real choices nor consequences to the game's quests.

Being able to convince either side would actually be the better example of "no consequences" in the game.

You should NOT be able to change either sides view because it would just turn them into the same "I say I believe this but in reality one would will make me change my mind" type characters that Beth uses for everything else.

It allows you to have your cake and eat it to, there would be no consequence for killing or not killing Parth because you could just convince the other side to not care.

As it stand now there IS some consequence, i.e. one side or the other doesnt like you.

I wonder if the Vigilant of Stendar have a Role in this, thy were the Only place that could've been a Faction that wasent put into Skyrim.

I have the Mod to make the VOS a Faction and a Quest, but now i think i may hold off onto it.

It looks like most or all of the action is going to be taking place in Skyrim, though perhaps the borders will have to expand a bit to make room for the new castles. The Dawnguard castle sure looks like it's somewhere in the Rift. This may be sad news for those who were hoping to get to Cyrodiil, Morrowind, or other provinces in the first DLC, but I'm happy to see new life being injected into Skyrim.

It will be interesting to see how they pull off a mega-disaster story like the sun going out without involving any of the major figures from the original main quest or rebellion. At least we can hope for some involvement from the College of Winterhold, since it would make sense for the baddies to try to tear the place apart looking for Elder Scrolls rather than just taking Urag's word for whether or not they have any. More contact with the Falmer would make sense as well, since the Scroll we retrieved for the main quest can't be the only one that the Dwemer ever had in their possession.

That purple-ish swirly thing sure looks an awful lot like Alduin's portal to Sovngarde. Does it lead there or maybe to someplace else in Aetherius? It can't lead to Oblivion, given the events of the previous game, can it?