Who are the "Good Guys" in this war?

kaindjinn

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction should I join?

Bigmagy, the cardinal sin in warfare is to fight a war on 2 fronts simultaneously (i.e. Empire and Thalmor). Remember, the Thalmor wouldn't be in Skyrim in the 1st place if they weren't invited there by the Empire - and given carte blanche to do whatever they want to boot.

Empire is the bigger problem by far for the Stormcloaks. Unite Skyrim THEN tackle the Thalmor if they still think they have the right to do whatever they want in Skyrim.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thalmor are very astute in the matter of "gaining terrain". In Skyrim, they don't go direct against the Nords (as I see), always through the Empire (via the WGC).

If something they want isn't going to happen, they press on the Imperials with the WGC. If I was to make an assumption, I'd say skyrim is better off alone.

IMO, the empire wants skyrim for it's strength, like it's told in "Night of Tears" (the Saarthal lore).

Nord as firmly believers of Talos and passionate people. Ulfric is just showing that. The Empire appears to be more of the type "let it roll". That kind of attitude is a doomsayer.

I think, the dovahkiin have some hole to play in this, not only with the civil war and the dragons... as you undermine Ancano's intentions in the College and learn about the "true nature" of the AD.

Being fed with a overpowered character and see it fall to the ground with the war, is weird.

I'm leaning towards Ulfric, since in my opinion, the nords can recover from the civil war far faster, the entrance to the sea is though, since Solitude stands in high ground, Winterhold and Windhelm are far away, with little guidance through the dark snowy weather sea. Dawnstar would be weaker, though.

The real threat would be the south, and I think the empire would not ally with the AD, since Hammerfell and Skyrim would ally too. Too much of complex warfare... but interesting, nevertheless.

I really like this kind of debate, but it's nice to absorve opinions, rethink the scenario and remember that this is all assumptions and speculation.

:)

@fraquar

Really? I thought it was deception.

@Freyrgjurd

Hmmm. You kinda look like Ulfric. Are you a double agent? Are you, are you related to him perhaps? Cause if you are, there a bunch of us here who have some unanswered questions and uh...

Edited by bigmagy1981

Hey folks! Hope everyone is doing well. I would love to play Skyrim or argue for a bit however, my house is well, virtually under water at the moment AND I now am the proud owner of some lake-front property.. I did however, get to McDonald's last night :) Later!

G'day.

I know the feeling (kind of). Last year we had a few floods in Australia. My area was hit hard. Lucky I live on top of a nice tall hill.

good guys in the Civil War are the Dunmer. they are right, it is not your fight, go straight through to the season Unending and deal with the peace treaty.

If you are a Nord, for role-play's sake, it is your war. Since it's your homeland and your people.

But as any other, I usually think like you.

Dunmer aren't outsiders here, they have been citizens of Skyrim for nearly 200 years. They don't seem like they have any intention of ever assimilating in their new homeland with statements like "it's their fight, not ours". No wonder they continue to live in the Gray Quarter like they do.

Dunmer aren't outsiders here, they have been citizens of Skyrim for nearly 200 years. They don't seem like they have any intention of ever assimilating in their new homeland with statements like "it's their fight, not ours". No wonder they continue to live in the Gray Quarter like they do.

i do not think they believe in Talos. they prefer daedric Princes like Azura and Boethiah, so they have the right of not fighting since Talos worship is one of they Main reasons the Stormcloaks fight.