Armorhunting (also known as "uah, where can I get this awesome arm

Dornick

And you should just have OBSE installed anyway, so you might as well install CSE as well, because its barely any extra effort for a huge gain in convenience and productivity.

In fact, in the time you've spent looking for an "easy" way to do this, you could have had it done already.

Another way, if you don't care to also have an original version of the armor is to load the esp in the CS and make the original esp active. Make your changes and save. Viola!

If you want to be real tricky and have both versions then load up the original esp in the CS and make it active. When you doubleclick the armor to edit it give it a new ID (if the original was called JoesCoolCuirass call yours MyJoesCoolCuirass). It will ask you if you want to create a new form ... say yes. Make your changes to MyJoesCoolCuirass and close the edit window, saving your changes. Now find the original mod's container and open it. Drag your MyJoesCoolCuirass into the container inventory and if you want more than one slowly doubleclick in the quantity. Be as generous as you want. When you're all done bulking up save the esp and exit. Go into the game and revel in your newfound riches.

One last bit of advice ... save a backup copy of the original esp before you go to town on it.

Or - and that's clearly the better option - I could stop thinking too complicated and try to work with the options I already know about. You know, like.. clicking randomly around the buttons and stuff. I didn't know (and still don't know :S) the difference between "Active File" and "Plugin File", so I left it at "Plugin".

I changed it out of curiosity to "Active", and.. wow! I could overwrite the old files.

The chest is where it's supposed to be, useless items are removed, and the important items are changed. Win. :D

Perfect race, perfect armor - good bye, real life :D

Oh, and.. although everybody thought too complicated (most likely because everyone thought I already tried the obvious methods), thanks for all the suggestions :3