Can you add an "Invisible wall" in the Creation kit?

samv96UK

I'm currently making a city in the Skyrim creation kit and have a small question if anyone knows the answer.

I want to make either one of those things where it says "You cannot go this way" or an invisible wall. The main Idea is I have an area in the mod which I want players to be able to see but not enter. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks a lot!

I dont know about an invisible wall but you could just make it down a cliff far enough so if they jumped down to it they would die.

I'm not sure that would work. What I have is a dock, but I don't want people to go in the water. I want to try and have invisible walls or something around the edge of the pier so people can walk up it but can't fall or jump into the water.

You can use a collision box to block the player and a trigger box for a "You cannot go this way" message. With the trigger box positioned slightly in front of the collision box add a script to the trigger box like this.

Scriptname OutofBoundsScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akActionRef)
If(akActionRef == Game.GetPlayer()) 
	Debug.Notification("You cannot go this way")
Endif
EndEvent

You can use a collision box to block the player and a trigger box for a "You cannot go this way" message. With the trigger box positioned slightly in front of the collision box add a script to the trigger box like this.

Scriptname OutofBoundsScript extends ObjectReference

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akActionRef)
If(akActionRef == Game.GetPlayer()) 
	Debug.Notification("You cannot go this way")
Endif
EndEvent

Right, I'll give that a go.

• 1 year later...
Im trying to get a message to pop up when I enter the trigger box ive placed. I copied and pasted the above script, but substituted what I wanted it to say, but I cant get it to work. Any suggestions?

Some more information so you know what I am trying to do. I have created a trigger box that teleports you to another location, but I want it to let you know where it is taking you a few feet before you teleport.

Ideally what I really would like it to do is be something I would have to activate to enter. But the object I have my teleport trigger box over is not an activator.

• 9 months later...