the practicallity of a zombie apocalypse

TheCalliton

I thought the zombies in washington were all collected in the various branches of congress?

No, they're the Vampires :devil: Evil Blood suckers who want to enslave us all!

Back on topic...

I've been watching The Walking Dead and its a very good extrapolation of what a Zombie Apocalypse could look like.

Yet the show is let down to a degree by cliché writing, ie; the characters get into jeopardy usually through the same tired old ways.

But I suppose you could see that as a visual survival guide on WHAT NOT TO DO in the a Zombie Apocalypse.

I agree that it'd be extremely hard to have to put down a loved one or a child if they were infected yet if you want to live, it has to be done. And yes that will have profound psychological ramifications on most people. Yet eventually the survivors will harden up and become adept at dispatching the zombies as a matter of practice.

Those in large urban centres will be at most risk as major roads will become blocked/gridlocked by abandoned vehicles etc. The best way out would be to get hold of an road/trail motor bike or something like a construction vehicle like say a bulldozer. The problem here is not everyone knows how to drive these vehicles. However those in rural communities are also at risk. Despite being away from the massive outbreak, the undead horde will eventually leave the cities and head out into the country in search of food. And unless the rural town/villiage etc has prepared massive defences like walls and ditches, road blocks and has come up with a method of destroying the zombie horde once it show up on their doorstep, they'll be over run too.

In regards to firearms, well most people again have had little if any practical training in the use and maintainence of guns etc and thus will probably panic fire or worse, not know how to switch of the safety and become zombie food. IIn addition, hardly anyone is adept in the use of melee weapons like axes, swords etc and so while they make get a couple of shufflers in a hand to hand fight, they'll still get biten and become zombie themselves.

My best bet for survival is this: get out of any population centres and head for high ground, mountains preferably or if you live on the coast, get a yacht and head out to sea.

And unless the rural town/villiage etc has prepared massive defences like walls and ditches, road blocks and has come up with a method of destroying the zombie horde once it show up on their doorstep, they'll be over run too.

I'd just surround my house with outward facing treadmills. Zombie and electricity problem solved!

I'ved thought that it was One Direction and Justin Bevier that caused the zombie outbreak. Did you know that I predicited that JB is coming back to Aus before a TV station? Now the infection is spreading to Aus and the only protection I have is a knife and better music.