Disappearing Graphics

Vendrad

After playing Morrowind to a certain point, I thought I'd give it a rest; my computer was producing smoke from every crevice trying to cope with it, and I just couldn't drink that many cups of tea a day waiting for the next area to load.

Now back with a vengance, hoping my 2.6 P4 with 2G Ram and a 256mb radeon9200, would be able to tackle the memory leaks to a certain extent, you can imagine how horrified I was at the start of my new expedition in Vvardenfell when I arrived in a world without walls or trees, and the occassional missing limb or suchlike. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running dx9 with the latest gfx drivers.

Thanks

I'm certainly not the expert on matters such as these, but I suspect this is either a driver issue or else you have a "bad" install of Morrowind.

I once updated the drivers for my ATI 8500 and all sorts of "things" in-game (plants, walls, etc) would flicker off and on... very annoying. I rolled my driver back and everything was fine. I've been afraid to update them again ever since! LOL...

Thanks alot, it seems if my system, was running two copies of the gfx driver, how i cannot say, but after rectifying the problem and downloading the drivers again, just on the off chance that the first set were courrupt, my troubles seemed to have passed. I got to enjoy a good few hours of Morrowind at a speed that it was meant to be played at last night, and I'm sure there will be many more where that came from!

Archived