Unique Voice Follower FAIL

Josephrose

OK, after a week of tutorials and tears, Im feeling quite triumphant, until now i am defeated by "unique voiced follower" FAILING!

I really like Deck16's walkthrough in print. Im more of a video guy, but there is not a single video i can find on this particular issue. Deck16's walkthrough is what I did, four times. Each time hoping it would click, what I did wrong. In the comments it seemed like most people it worked for, but others where failing like me.

Sadly D16 is the ONLY info I have found, that is more than a thread. The threads, (very few) often are the blind, leading the blind.

Is it my computer? My version of windows? Do the gods hate me? I have learned so much this week, slow as it has been, but I feel I've hit a wall, and it's killeng meh. I get the impression we are all doing the same thing, and just getting different results.

ANY help is needed. Even if your just also failing, please comment any insight you may have.

p.s. During creating custom "Hello"s D16 said to use the arrow keys to move "Nice hat" up the list, however mine would not. But it's what he said, and I tried every arrow on my keyboard.... weird (a time when video would be nice.)

p.p.s. Honestly im amazed at how hard making a uniqe voiced follower is, and even more amazed how few people are posting vids/tuts on it. Like..... its the obviously rad thing to do! make a person that YOU find amusing! Is there actually people who create followers with NordMale voice? Seriously? Like... Im done. I'm gonna do my part, by hopefully increasing the dialogue about the very awesome subject. And shame on Beth, for not making a generic follower quest, with fill in the blanks. Just garbage.

Why don't you post some of your scripts you are using to set your follower/some settings in your quest - I found that I was setting my follower wrong the first time I tried.

I'm not sure why but quests/stage advance triggers seem to be incredibly buggy at least for me. 75% of the time they will work, the rest of the time I have to delete the quest/make a new quest and do it again. I am a bit fed up with making new quests each time I encounter one of these quest stopping bugs - and follower scripting is no different.

I've got mine to follow me, but it absolutely refused to say the dialogue. I ended up making a new NPC and we'll see how that goes. This is my third NPC after the first two were somehow corrupted or something? And I think this one is about to have to be replaced too - the only thing saving her is that it is starting to appear to be my computer rather than the mod.

Thank you for your replies. I can't even think about it now lol. I hear ya about starting over, and over, and over. I just got done posting my camp on Steam. I made an awesome camp, and at least It WORKS! xD

Please check it out. "Hunting Camp - Player Home" is the name of the mod. I think it looks pro, and is beautiful.

Although Im burnt on the issue, I'll be back at it soon. Like I said before, Making a voiced companion is epic. I want I want!