lock ups

ohGr

after formatting yesterday morning i was confident quake 1 would skip, it morrowind have any mouse lag, and hell, it didnt, everything ran like a dream for once, but since this morning, ive been in a pile of s*** with this damn thing, the following games lock up the bloody OS to the point of me having to reset the thing.

Morrowind

Need For Speed : Underground

Call Of Duty

GTA : Vice City

Return To Castle Wolfenstien (and enemy territory)

Deus Ex 2 Demo (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Fallout Tactics (DAMN!)

Warcraft 3

Quake 1

Commander Keen 1 and up

Heretic 1 and 2

Halo

it began with halo, then it got worse and worse, now i cant play a single game.

unless i have to format again, could it be a virus?

indeed it could be when you formated and reinstalled did you load on all your updated virus protection befor loging on to the internet? (not to mention an anal retentive firewall)

usualy after a format i feel so naked and exposed i go download every security update i can through a nasty nat filter then i start to relaxe and install the rest

:)

yeah, i formatted again last night (5 times in a month!) and everything is fine now, in fact, i can once again play morrowind at 1600x1200 again, it was a virus as well, it makes a folder named Direct64 or something like that, the scary part was (i found out at 2am) in the folder was a file called "totheworld" and in it said "steph has brown eyes"...now you could guess how paranoid i was since it was 2am.

thanks for the help, this can be locked now.

Archived