Dawnguard Spoiler

daventry

83 members have voted

1. 1. What are you

• Im a Dawnguard, Defender of Skyrim and Hunter of all Vampires
    • Im a Vampire Bat out of Hell, Fear Me if you dare.

dawnguard, simply for the armour and the crossbow!!!!

CROSSSBOWWWWWWW.....i even have my own crossbow at home, i lvoe crossbows, so crossy and so bowy <3

It's exactly like stormcloack/empire option. I don't want to be a vampire but i don't want to exterminate all of them. It seems that Bethesda is realy into forcing players into extremyties making you look like an evil shady character or a religious lunatic. Of all the posible DLC they could have made they actualy chose the worst.

It's exactly like stormcloack/empire option. I don't want to be a vampire but i don't want to exterminate all of them. It seems that Bethesda is realy into forcing players into extremyties making you look like an evil shady character or a religious lunatic. Of all the posible DLC they could have made they actualy chose the worst.

Care to explain your reasons in greater length? As they are now, I find them rather poor. The Vampire Lords you're going to be fighting in the DLC aren't a bunch of sparkly Twilight fruitcakes. These are monsters in every sense of the word. They don't just devour your blood, but your very soul. To say "I don't want to exterminate all of them", shows you either give them some unwarranted sympathy or quite frankly you don't understand them.

The Dawn Guard meanwhile are doing what is simply the sensible thing, defending mortal life by ruthlessly fighting the immortal undead that would prey on them given the chance. In good classic vampire stories, there is little to no moral grayness in the conflict. Vampires takes the lives of humans to prolong their own. They're evil.

The Civil War in Skyrim on the other hand is ENTIRELY different. Both sides are guilty of their own crimes, and you can have a sound moral reason for joining either side. Stormcloaks want the freedom to rule themselves and worship Talos. They want to cast out the Thalmor. There's no escaping the fact Ulfric is a racist however, and more importantly he is more or less responsible for the civil war. From Toygg's councilmen it is made clear Torygg admired Ulfric, and would have likely helped him if the ambitious fellow had only asked. Yet Ulfric didn't, instead killing the young High King and sparking a bloody war that might very well have been avoided altogether.

Then we have the Empire. The empire built by Tiber Septim, AKA Talos. Yes they signed the wretched White Gold Concordant, but by doing so they may very well have saved many lives. And unlike the Nords of Ulfric's Stormcloaks the Empire strives to make a society fit for everyone. They've certainly fallen under hard times, but is that reason enough to abandon the Empire? The answer to that isn't easy.

Maybe you should do some reading into the lore surrounding the civil war, to help give you some much needed perspective. The vampire vs dawnguard conflict just isn't comparable to the civil war.

Edited by Kraeten

could say Vampire lord=imperial tyrant forcing his/her will on the innocent and Dawnguard=Stormcloaks defending their right to live the way they want. :whistling:

You certainly could say that, and I could just as easily counter with the fact the Stormcloaks are fighting not just the Imperials but their fellow country men...and thus weakening both the Empire and Skyrim. Plenty of Nords are still loyal to the Empire, if they weren't there wouldn't be much of a civil war. ;)

The Dawn Guard meanwhile are doing what is simply the sensible thing, defending mortal life by ruthlessly fighting the immortal undead that would prey on them given the chance. In good classic vampire stories, there is little to no moral grayness in the conflict. Vampires takes the lives of humans to prolong their own. They're evil.

evil is a point of view.... God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.

evil is a point of view.... God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.

Considering scripture/religion has little in the realm of empirical evidence in support of it, I'd rather you didn't use it as proof to back up your argument. And FYI, evil isn't a point of view. All the cultures around the world reach very similar conclusions regarding morality. Theft, Murder, Cannibalism, we tend to frown on these things. :tongue:

Edited by Kraeten

Vampire Lord for me. morphing into a version of Marcus from Underworld 2: Evolution is pretty awesome. If half way thru my dark playthrough i feel the need to use a crossbow I'll pry it from s Dawnguard's cold dead fingers. or i'll use my awesome power of hiting the tide key, enter "help crossbow 4" and going " player.additem xxxxxx 1".

LOL i thought the same thing. I'd probably do it after i played through both sides.

Considering scripture/religion has little in the realm of empirical evidence in support of it, I'd rather you didn't use it as proof to back up your argument. And FYI, evil isn't a point of view. All the cultures around the world reach very similar conclusions regarding morality. Theft, Murder, Cannibalism, we tend to frown on these things. :tongue:

you have missed the point of want i was quoting. Have you ever watched Interview with a Vampire? :rolleyes:

what i originally was going to post was I'd only feed on and killl bandits, necromancers etc. i could be a moral vampire lord an kill only evil-doers ( after i destroy the Dawnguard. :devil: )