workshop opens in 5 seconds. and have a bit sutter

evil701

you have too many workshop mods, adding many entries into the workshop, this will definitely cause workshop open delay.

homemaker alone adds over 1000 record entries into the workshop. and that mod that adds flags, will be another mod that adds a considerable amount of record entries into the workshop.

you also have sim settlements + many addons for it, thats even more workshop record entries (and also heavily scripted) + you also have the other 15 or so workshop mods which also further increases the total amount of workshop record entries.

you are not alone with the delayed workshop open lag by the way, every single 1 of us who has an excessive amount of workshop mods all experience this lag (its a small price to pay for ultimate customization, which i personally am happy with, i get a 3 second delay when opening the workshop, with 29 pretty big workshop mods, the lag is a minor, compared to the shear amount of content i get from them).

too eliminate the lag, you must get rid of the workshop mods you are not using, and only keep the ones you really like. less workshop mods = faster workshop load.

this is an engine issue, not mods.

and the lag is present, because the game needs to load every single 1 of them workshop record entries. (this is bethesda's ancient gamebyro engine, it simply is not good enough to load 1000s of record entries at a rapid rate), not only that, but building in fallout 4 was bethesda experimenting with something new, as such it is not a fully fledged mechanic (their is a lot of implications that enforce this fact)

this engine has been there since the days of morrowind, with slight optimizations to the engine per every new game of theirs.

to offer further assistance i need to know What your system specs are ?

to see if the weapon stutter, and even the increased workshop lag might be caused by inferior hardware.

Edited by Guest

Before i downloaded too many workshop and other mods i had sim settlements and 3-4 other mods. i had no problem . Asus prime b-350 plus , Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler,Galax Gtx 1060 6gb ,Team 16 gb(2x8) ddr4 3000 mhz ram , Aerolool LS-5200 windowed case 600+80 broze psu .

game runs on recommended auto settings on ultra with 1-2 settings on high. but gforce experince app shows me that i can set these options higher too .but i did not . i suspect that one or more workshop or power armor or looks mod cause this problem .if i should get rid of some workshop or other mod . witch ones would you recommend to uninstall ? or recommend to download ? can load order of mods cause this king of problem ?

Edited by evil701

the ones i would keep would be these ones (simply because i run them myself, and are my favorite workshop mods)

1. Alternate Settlements

2. Homemake Expanded Settlements

3. Settlement Objects Expansion

as for the rest i either don't recognize them or use them, i do have sim settlements but i have yet to actually use it

these are the workshop mods i currently run myself, and are a permanent part of my load order: (my favorite workshop mods)

My Favorite Workshop Mods
1. Femshepping's Minimalist Homewares
2. Just Some Rugs
3. Lovers Luxury Bed
4. Alternate Settlements
5. Buildable Burning Campfires and Fire Places
6. Creative Clutter
7. CWSS Redux
8. Homemaker Expanded Settlements
9. Renovated Furniture
10. Settlement Keywords Expanded
11. Settlement Objects Expansion
and of course my own workshop mod, which i am consistently updating. (click on the link below my post if interested)
Note: I would have put spoiler tags for these mods, but they dont want to work at this time.
incorrect load order can cause all sorts of issues, such as CTD, Game Freezes, Framerate Issues, and yea probably Stuttering, the majority of this would be caused by Mod Conflicts.
with that said, i strongly suspect Godrays is what is causing your stuttering issue, this setting requires a very powerful system, and even then it can kill the framerate and cause stuttering issues, (its a poorly made mechanic/game setting)
so what i would recommend is this:
first of all i strongly recommend Deleting Geforce Experience, it is classed as bloatware, and will in fact cause issues if used to optimize games, as opposed to offering better performance, it can also have issues with things like an ENB, Reshade, and Basically any Overlay Programs (such as Msi Afterburner).
now for Fallout 4 Settings:
in fallout 4 Launcher - Tick both Windowed Mode + Borderless Window (ensure that you set the Resolution Back to 1920x1080, as this will change when you click on windowed mode) - then in Advanced settings - Set Shadow Distance to Medium - Godrays to Low - Ambient Occlusion to HBAO (since you have an Nvidia Card, change back to SSAO if its to much) - and the rest is your preference
now go here: C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
Open Fallout4Prefs.ini - Search for bVolumetricLightingEnable=1 (change to 0) <-- this completely disables Volumetric Lighting / Godrays
so it now looks like this: bVolumetricLightingEnable=0
i also recommend Disabling Vsync, and Manually Locking the Framerate, this will in turn greatly Eliminate Input Lag, which in turn can also Eliminate Stuttering.
to Completly Disable Vsync:
open Fallout4Prefs.ini again: search for iPresentInterval=1 (change to 0)
now right click on Desktop - Click on Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3d Settings - Scroll until you find Vertical Sync and change it to Force Off - also while you are here, scroll up to Power Management Mode and Change the Setting to High Performance Mode
Save all recommended settings, and now check in game to see if the Stuttering Persists.
Note: To lock Framerate, i strongly recommend Msi Afterburner, Download Here: https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner - once downloaded, install it, and rivatuner, now once installed, open rivertuner (the blue monitor with a red 60 displayed in taskbar) - set framerate limit to 60
apologies for the massive unorganized post, my organized posts rely heavily on Spoiler Tags, but since they dont want to work for now, you have a nice wall of text instead, but yea with that said, if none of the above fix the stuttering, let me know, and i will try to assist further.
Edited by Guest

i did everything what you said

in this one same settings but no fps cap

ultra settings game auto detect

its not a hardware problem as you can see. After i downloaded mods this happened . but witch one cause it ? only when changing weapons and power armor getting in and out i have fps drop. otherwise game runs fine.

Edited by evil701

auto detect will override the settings i mentioned in my previous post. so are these videos after the game auto detects ? if they are, then the settings i recommended has been reset to default, thus meaning you are now running godrays again.

anyway, disable all mods, and see if the problem persists, if disabling all mods got rid of the problem, then start enabling 5 at a time, until the issue comes back.

the only thing with regards to swapping weapons frame drops, would be if the weapons are using high resolution textures, but it does not look like they are. so i dont know, same as getting fps drops when entering power armour, its like the fps drops is connected to doing specific actions, which is not something i have seen before.

Edited by Guest