as the title says this is where you go if you want to talk house mods

it could be anything (just don't be a jerk) you want from what ya love, hate, and kinda 'meh' about on house mods

I personally like to take bits and pieces from mods that i like and imagine them in a house mod all together

I like Cynndal's work personally

Specifically: Riftvale Lodge

The rustic feel, the fact i can see what's going on outside, see my kids playing, see the time of day without looking at an in game clock
My favorite part though? The children beds as well as my own, I ADORE the overall style! I'm unsure what about it i like so much about the kids beds but I see similarities between them and the beds from the magical College of Winterhold mod i have installed too (just different colors)
Now all that's missing is little hanging jars here and there with fireflies inside
like from a tree growing outside or even hanging around the house itself!
The tree could have a spread of pillows under it that you could sleep on!
It'd be magical during the night time
And imagine if you have a mod with a romance able follower (like Kaidan) it'd be the PERFECT set up for a romantic night!
I pretend the armory doesn't exist simply cause i store everything at the museum from legacy of the dragonborn lol
my only issue is the guest house has loading doors unlike the rest of the place, I'd like if they had their own room inside (without changing out the kids room at any rate!)
why i use a separate house from the museum?
simple answer: Room
the safehouse is simply.. well not 'small' but narrow, and I don't like living in opulence anyway.. I like a 'hand made' and 'warm/Homey' atmosphere ya know? the safe house feels almost like a.. i don't know.. smothering, stifled, cold, etc.?, then there's like you HAVE to choose between followers beds or kids and I'm like i ONLY have 2 kids and 2 followers cant they just draw a line between the room or something?! and thats not even including that one old khajiit who tried to help M'rissi during her questline that i invite to live with me!
The only thing i really like is how i can auto-sort my items (though i use the chest function and add it manually instead to avoid issues) and know exactly where to find them... plus the 'fridge' is pretty awesome too
Just wish i this something of THIS style over in riverwood or Winterhold (i like those places far better)
Then lets talk about Windpath by Aukmat
first off, is the alchemy station you can literally unfold and put away at will NOT the cutest thing you have seen? I mean i know its odd to see an alchemy station as 'cute' but still!
Then there's the way you put meat ON the grill and actually COOKING it then having to set the table and everything its just.. neat ya know?!
The laundry fluttering outside is amazing too! better than those stiff board we call 'cloth' that some mods feature
and a tiny little garden to boot too!
and DONT get me started on the animations for undressing and redressing!
a good mod overall, too bad I dont visit Ivarstead very often AND there is only one child bed (i have 2, Sissel and Alessan who basically needed love the most in my eyes)
Then you got Leafrest
Honestly i got burnt out on this mod some time ago.. despite being in the overall theme I like its the same issue as with the safehouse from the museum, Its 'Claustrophobic' i guess is the word I'm looking for (and no I'm not going back up to change anything I'm a lazy bum XD)
I like open and wide spaces
now lets talk skaal manor
CHAURUS! ok?! I got a terrarium with a tiny CHAURUS in it! I dont know why but my FAVORITE creature in skyrim HAS to be the chaurus! I think its cause of its shape basically, My favorite pokemon is Larvesta afterall.. Joltik was 2nd favorite
then there's an ash hopper in it too along with a tiny spider, I'm not big on spiders i mean i dont mind em in a game but its kinda 'meh' for me
but inigo loves em! so i always pretend the charus is mine, the spider is Inigos, and the ash hopper is M'rissi's pet!
not too crazy about the fishtank though, i mean its cool but.. eh lol
I like the play room for the kids however! the giant doll house and castle? the tiny figurines from the loading screen?! now lets just toss a few teddy bears from Riftvale on in there and we got one HECK of a play room!
now throw all these things together and place it in one of your favorite/convenient/beautiful places for you and you get one HECK of a house mod!
Too bad I'm not a modder nor will i ever be (I just don't have the patience)
Regardless what is some of your guys's favorite mods? what parts? what you could live without or not live without in a house mod? I honestly wanna know!

I've been kind of a minimalist lately. One room cabin or tower, with maybe some food storage and basic furniture, a shrine (that extra Arkay health bonus) and some cooking. For personal use mods, I've been leaving the walls blank, so I can use Jaxonz or Solitude Furniture to hang weapons and armor. Also been leaving some of it un-navmeshed, so I can do things without "still here," and "I've got your back" every 3 seconds.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

I recently got back into Skyrim (SE) after a few years layoff.. First mod i was looking for was a nice little house mod.. Nothing too complicated.

I like Whiterun Stable Tower SE. It adds a small two room (up/down) Tower near the Stables in front of Whiterun. Fast Travel to Whiterun Stables and it's close by.

It's got a barrel, two dressers, two end tables, one has a small Alembic (alchemy apparatus) on it. Also a strongbox, a chest, cooking pot/fireplace, table and chairs, bed, and a Shrine of Arkay..

The only thing I don't understand is why it has a wood chopping stump inside.. I think another chest woulda been more appropriate. A couple of Wall Plaques woulda been nice too.

I like to go in there, and sit down, eat some ingredients to learn, then hop up, make some potion from the alchemy alembic, and then stash all the ingredients in the end table right there. Food I keep in in a cupboard I forgot to mention.

So far I've put quite a few items in the available storages and haven't ran out of space. Nor has anything disappeared, and I'm level 41 now..

Quite a decent little house imho, for a little unassuming simple mod.

------------------

I was going to mention Barad Mithost. I thought it had been ported to SSE. It has not. So nm on that one.

-------------------

I also installed Whiterun Mammoth Home, if you *really want bare bones*, it's not for me. And Rift Treehouse, which could be really cool, but it's a teeny little one room treehouse .. Just too small for me. And I installed Golz Nahlaas Safe House, but I can't comment on it cause I've never went to it..

Whiterun Stables Tower is the one for me.

c0ax599

Thank you, c0ax. That's very kind of you, and I'm glad the home is serving you well. If you're referring to the pile of firewood near the door, it's not actually a chopping block, but just a container. You can put anything you like in it, not just firewood. I did that because most of the firewood piles, laying around homes, are static and not useful, and you end up having to store your firewood somewhere else anyway. This way, I thought it could at least be used to hold firewood. Not limited though.