are skyrim and bethesda trolling me

CrazyShadowDami

@CrazyShadowDami, wow lol, are you joking/trolling?, think i'd be paranoid too i guess, did Skyrim autosense that medium setting? Did something glitch?

Have you tried to manually configure everything yet? Out of curiousity, what's your gaming rig consist of?

Running B3 at ultra getting 40-60fps seems like your CPU/GPU/RAM should be ok to do the same/better with Skyream.

My guess is you do not have enough VRAM in your GPU to handle certain HD textures you added maybe (if you're being serious).

Recommended for Battlefield 3:

OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU, RAM: 4GB

Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.

Graphics card memory: 1 GB

Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card

Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended for Skyrim:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit), Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU, 4 GB System RAM

DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).

DirectX compatible sound card

Internet access for Steam activation

6 GB free HDD space

Edited by xlcr

fxxa post process injector, sharpshooter extreme graphics enb, realistic lightning with costumisation, lush trees and grass, flora ovehaul, and W.A.T.E.R. And, well i said it wrong, im running bf3 at high, not ultra graphics. but still...

i manually configured it, but i can say it should be about medium. im using 1.5.26 patch, and SKSE

Skyrim's engine is a mess as far as how efficient it is. For what it puts out graphically, it should be putting out massive FPS if you're able to run BF3 at 40 FPS min. But because of how the Gamebryo (don't give me this "Creation Engine" crap. Its just another iteration of Gamebryo) works its massively inefficient and takes up more power than it needs (and usually what it takes still isn't enough to get it up to an acceptable FPS) without putting out.

Skyrim's engine is a mess as far as how efficient it is. For what it puts out graphically, it should be putting out massive FPS if you're able to run BF3 at 40 FPS min. But because of how the Gamebryo (don't give me this "Creation Engine" crap. Its just another iteration of Gamebryo) works its massively inefficient and takes up more power than it needs (and usually what it takes still isn't enough to get it up to an acceptable FPS) without putting out.

^This :yes: :thumbsup:

I can't believe Bethesda are still using this ancient piece of software, more importantly, The engine has been butchered, hamstrung and leashed to be compatible with consoles, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST gaming consoles and own both a PS3 nd 360 ... BUT ... They are limited in what they can do, and the PC is far more versatile and capable, perhaps one day Bethesda may allow someone to create a (true!) PC version of Skyrim.

I've never had a problem with FPS (running Skyrim on Ultra) my problem is just the random and frequent CTD's ...Obviously their is something about my computer that Skyrim doesn't like, but I'm damned if I can figure t out., AT least 1.6 seems to have improved that (for me at least) a little

fxxa post process injector, sharpshooter extreme graphics enb, realistic lightning with costumisation, lush trees and grass, flora ovehaul, and W.A.T.E.R. And, well i said it wrong, im running bf3 at high, not ultra graphics. but still...

i manually configured it, but i can say it should be about medium. im using 1.5.26 patch, and SKSE

I have the same problem with FXAA... Slows me down something fierce. Try running without FXAA... just to see how it does

whats worse is vanilla Oblivion has lower FPS than modded Skyrim for me. my rig is getting old, with 2 9800GTX+ and a QX9650 processor and rarely do I notice low framerates and when i do notice them it is followed by a crash. but then again BFBC2 ran way better than Oblivion as well. Trolling you? Nope they are trolling everyone with amateurs at the wheel when it comes time to compile the exe.

Bethesda games = bug infested. Bethesda + FXAA or ENB = broken for some players. For fun Bethesda game + the first patch = broken game for some players like myself.

@CrazyShadowDami, hi, there's various user feedback reports of fps loss (which is to be expected) using popular mods:

Lush Trees by OpticShooter - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3385 (adds more branches making trees fuller looking).

Lush Grass by OpticShooter - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3288 (makes mesh size 2x bigger).

Skyrim Flora Overhaul by vurt - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/141 (improved texture quality overhaul).

WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux by OpticShooter - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13268 (enhances textures, meshes, effects).

Sharpshooters Extreme Graphics Vision ENB - good performance by Sharpshooter8 - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15105 (enb post-processing).

unless you've got somekind of powerful gaming rig its logical to expect somekind of performance hit to get enhanced quality scenery. :turned:

I do not think you can realistically compare graphics performance/quality between modded Skyrim to Dice's Battlefield 3 which has no mod support.

does your GPU have less than 1.5 GB of VRAM?

have you tweaked (turned off) various grass shadow settings in your INI's yet?