white walkers of skyrim

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a thought i would like to throw out there. Has anyone considered re-doing the 9 holds so that each was a house from Game of Thrones? Chang the name, banners, guards etc? Solitude could be casterly rock and winterhold could be winterfell...See where im going? Then durring the rebellion story line from skyrim you could make it like the war of 5 kings or whatever from Game of Thrones. Just a crazy thought. Also I would love to see white walkers in game. Genius.

Edited by rfretland

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I personally would love to see something like this added, it would add a bit more flavour to the far north of Skyrim with a unique regional enemy.

I also have a few ideas in regards to these creatures. They could be more powerful than the standard Draugr you find in the rest of skyrim. They could raise the dead, have really powerful frost spells and immunities, They could have powerful shielding spells like Ebony skin, summon frost Atronachs and be in the company of Ice Wraiths. If the Dragonborn DLC is used to make this mod, you could even make them climb out of the snowy ground just as the Ash Spawn climb out of ash piles on Solsteim. Also like the Ash spawn, you could give them unique looking frost weapons that do a lot of damage. I think when they are killed, they should turn into a pile of ice just like frost Atronachs and Ice Wraiths. I also think the further from the roads and civilization you get, the more powerful and numerous they become and areas you encounter them should have either no or very little wildlife in the vicinity of their spawn points, which implies they've either killed everything or all the creatures have fled the area. You could also make some really cool (No pun intended), frost themed dungeons to fight them in as well.

You could really make the northern wastes of Skyrim a very dangerous place to be with these new enemies and i think it would not only be kinda lore friendly, but also very fun and challenging to play.

Edited by Sarus31

• 1 month later...

Take bearded draughr, set it as a new race and give it a new AI package as the draughr is set in tomb's and you don't want to act as an undead as whitewalkers are more necromancer cryomage style creatures with a summon Zombie/Ice wolf spell. (the basic draughr AI would be ideal for a Cyberman type character though for Dr Who fans though the animations are not right for that)

Make the new white walker draughre race to be 25 percent larger and change the skin texture to ice blue and the hair to white (Would need to set a new texture path for the edited model and redirect to the edited/new textures), make the eye's smaller by retexturing them too with a blue glow effect but remove the Draughr eye glow spell as it is not right and give it white or black fur armour and an icy translucent sword - even a stalhrim sword would do so stalhrim weapon's but enchanted to inflict ice damage.

The horse is the harder part but a simple rib bone texure so show exposed rib's, spine etc at it's flanks and on it's back or a horse skull (Arvak would be perfect without the flame and with some flesh hanging onto it's bones) would have the effect so long as these were high level and not a common encounter, make it's AI to summon it's wolves or zombies and to stand off using ice and paralysis spell's until you are already weakened and make it equivelant to a basic dragon on hit point's.

Now a playable version, an unfettered White Walker whom had broken free from his/her masters control - weakness to fire and silver, immune to frost, poison, paralysis and 50 percent to shock with additional magica pool but a 50 percent reduction in speechcraft, racial power fear.

I am not about to make it but it should be relatively straight forward for any of you whom know there way about mesh and texture editing, the rest would simple creation kit work though the animation need's to be changed from Draughr to male/female human as well so the skeleton used for the character should be the human skeleton.

Edited by LABTECH

I tried experimenting with making Ash Spawn rise out of the snow, not far from Winterhold. Its quite effective and if it was applied to a white Draugr-like creature, it would look fantastic.

Edited by Sarus31

• 3 months later...