Mods are loading, but not working.

justformoda

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the specific place to post this, but I have been messing with Fall out 4 for a couple hours, I scoured Google and found very little. Back in early 2017, I was having no issues with mods. But I have been unable to mod since I decided to want to play through again.

Essentially, I don't really know what I'm doing. So I'm going to describe to the best of my ability.

*NAC.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*XDI.esm
PrototypeMedicPowerArmor.esl
AnotherLife.esp
*Survival Syringer Ammo.esp
*slevins_chemVFX.esp
*CBBE.esp
*Fallout Loot Overhaul.esp
*ImmersiveScalingAWKCRTweakedESP.esp
*MRZ-Dominator-v1.esp
*NAC-FarHarbor.esp
*NAC-NukaWorld.esp
*AWKCR - Last Resort CTD FIX.esp
*44 Lever Action.esp
*Crimsomrider's 1950s Feminine Outfits.esp
*Auto Hide Crosshair.esp
*el_AgentOutfit.esp
*Better Vendor Stalls.esp
*Blackstone.esp
*DarkerNights.esp
*DarkerNightsDetection.esp
*DeadBodyCollision.esp
*HouseAtFirePool.esp
*FirstPersonViewableItemsExpanded.esp
*HN66Fo4_Nails.esp
*HN66Fo4_Rings.esp
*HN66Fo4_EarringsV1.esp
*JUHouse.esp
*PeopleCollars.esp
*Publick Occurrences Expanded.esp
*Weaker perks.esp
*SettlersNoEndlessGratitude.esp
*slootyVaultSuit.esp
*Viper6610.esp
*BoS Medic Battle Suit.esp
*Extended weapon mods.esp
*rfortaleza2.esp
*Spartan-Calyps-NoAE.esp
*Crossbow.esp
*Mosin.esp
*Heavy BoS.esp
*Eli_Armour_Compendium.esp
*DX Commonwealth Mini Dresses.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*Tactical Flashlights.esp
*Tactical Flashlights - Settings.esp
*NAC-AE Patch.esp
*StartMeUp.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*Hot and Horny Wastelands Billboards.esp
*Paintings Kinky.esp
*The Eyes Of Beauty.esp

These are from my plugins, this is what I am running. If there is a way to show more clearly my mods, I'd love to know. I've changed the ini files as requested. I've ran Loot, Wrye Flash. no avail. I've noticed one mod is loading in game, such as The Eyes of Beauty, but the result is that none of the eye colors change. Last night I reinstalled Fall Out 4 after 8 months. The only mod that was attached to it was Alternate Start (Which appeared when I reinstalled it). Still no luck.

I'm willing to pay for a solution. I've done all the editting of Ini files, and it hasn't resulted in a fix. I've redone the Loot masterlist. I'm running NMM as an admin. I moved my mods onto the same drive as the game. Etc, etc.

Please help.

what exact changes did you make to the ini files ?

also in nexus mod manager, click on the Plugins tab, and ensure that the box is ticked next to each mod.

pretty sure the Asteriks next to all of them mods, means their disabled ? (asteriks next to a file name usally means it is missing or deleted, or modified, so thats i why i assume the ateriks either mean their disabled or enabled)

and since you say you moved the mods, you will need to link NMM to the new location of the mods:

to do this you will need to: Launch Nexus Mod Manager - Click on Settings (the 2 Cogs icon) - Fallout 4 Tab - Click on the *3 Dots* Button next to Mod Directory - and locate where you moved your mods to, click on the folder, then press ok. relaunch NMM and click on the Plugins Tab - the Click on the Green Tick to Enable All Mods.

Edited by Guest

Alright, I moved the mods to the same drive. I have 8 separate drives. If I said .ini I meant that I edited the data files to include all of the information that was told to in for the Appdata files.

Just reinstalled Nexus. Just reinstalled Mods. There were no issues before game was updated, after that update the game went to hell.

I will pay for a solution to this.

an asterisk next to a mod in plugins.txt means the mod is active so in the above load order example

PrototypeMedicPowerArmor.esl
AnotherLife.esp
are not active.
As for the .ini files - ensure the following... (you'll find them in documents/my games/fallout4)
Add the following lines to Fallout4Prefs.ini file below the section marked[Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1
Add the following line in Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
I'd also run loot to help give you a STARTING POINT for your load order - LOOT gives you a good place to start but it's far from infallible - as the load order above looks problematic - I have very few of the mods you do so it's difficult for me to be sure.
I'd also go away and get the unofficial fallout 4 patch from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598 if you haven't already and install that.

I'd use Wrye Bash to create a bashed patch which should be the last mod to load - (open Wrye bash - right click over the bashed patch.esp and select rebuild patch)

Can't be sure this will fix anything for you but it's a place to start.