CreationClub quest reservations

SKKmods

If you happen to have any recent CreationClub content (published in the last month) that includes quests (like that shooting range thing), would you load it in CK and see if any quests have put a reference Alias reservation on:

Specific Reference: SanctuaryWorkshopREF, or

Conditions (like): GetCurrentLocation = Sanctuary + GetIsID Container WorkshopWorkbench

I am getting an increasing number of user error reports that a quest which references SanctuaryWorkshopREF which has worked fine for some months AND HAS NOT CHANGED IN ANY WAY is no longer starting as it cant fill that rather fundamental alias.

I don’t have the content myself but the ambush pack is a bug fest from what I read. It looks like the comments have been removed and a thread on the subject has been locked on Beth.net but someone had checked the Papyrus logs and there were over 30 critical errors listed. It seems that every quest in the mod is broken.

Cartogriffi says they are working on a fix but who knows how long that will take. Your mods issue may resolve itself when/if they release the fix.

Just an FYI that Skyrim pack is also bugged from what I’ve read.

I found the post, it was in a different thread then I thought.

Firestarter69 said,

I've looked into the Papyrus log files and came to the conclusion that the scripts were edited after they were assigned to the quests. There are 4 quests which have broken properties because of that. After I recompiled the scripts, opened the quests, found the wrong quest aliases and saved them with their corrected properties fixed these Papyrus errors. Classic Bethesda stuff, the main game and its DLCs is full these things. But there's more.

A lot of quests which controlls attacks on raids contains broken aliases for said attacks. If I try to edit these aliases the Creation Kit marks the line red in the script property window because it can't find the alias/marker for an attack. Bravo! 36 attack quests are broken. No really, that's beyond me. The simpliest form of QA, looking into Papyrus log files to check for errors, is still too much. It prints out an error, black on white, right in your face. The Creation Kit shows critical errors even in red, right in your face. How can that be ignored? By people that get paid for QA?

The questions is how long will it take to fix that and the rest of the long bug list? As long as we waited for the fixed Handmade Shotgun?

Here’s the thread his comment is on page 5.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/228978/settlement-ambush-kit-overview-discussion/82?page=5

They don't care. Like Todd said, they look, does the game crash? No? Then it's fine, everything else has no high priority. Don't know, where i exactly saw that, it was a long video about development.

There are tons of free mods out there and people waste their money on such crap... I just can't understand that.

I'm a bad person and i say it no matter what. If you pay money for crap, you get crap and don't complain.

Yes, I'm not a fan of the CC.

Bethesda can't even fix the fallout 4 vanilla issues, like VATS freeze. Applying a potion while in VATS may causes your game to freeze, yep. This happens in the vanilla game, when you get a disease while in VATS, as they get applied as potion with a script. There is also a mod that implements a workaround for that issue. In my opinion, this is a major thing and do they care? No. They pump out more buggy mods.

I'm a bad person and i say it no matter what. If you pay money for crap, you get crap and don't complain.

Quite right, if people invest in crap that's their issue.

But, when I have to create and publish specific utilities to identify these amateur hour issues, and then restructure my own API conforming ZeroHack™ mods to compensate for that crap, it is an irritation that is heading towards unsustainable.

PS thanks for the additional info Chuck, looking at that pastebin log makes my toes curl. Individual quests by enemy type and level ... FFS ! 'ccKGJFO4001_EndlessRaidManager' sounds familiar though.

Edited by SKK50

Well, i probably wouldnt add something like that as an external mod.

I always have issues with people, who are not able to install F4SE correctly. As some of my mods require F4SE, I always get messages, that the mod doesnt work... xy doesnt work... etc...

So i finally got sick of it and i created a new quest, which runs at start and checks for F4SE. If F4SE is not correctly installed, it registers for a OnPlayerLoadGame event, the player gets a nice notice and everytime he loads his save. If F4SE is correctly installed, the quest finishes and unregister from the event. Problem solved.

You can do something like that too.

LOL there is already more support instrumentation, user warnings and debug diagnostics in my mods than actual game content ... an endless treadmill as new external issues come to light.

Since broken workshop lists affects many of my (and others) mods, rather than nail the same code in all of 'em its easier to module it.

It seems Beth patched the ambush pack on PC today, all they mentioned was fixing the bug that broke the calendar and screwed up servival games. Not sure if that helps maybe firestarter will post more logs or comment on the quality of the patch.

I didn’t hate the CC at first but as the prices go up and the quality goes down I see it as a bad joke now. What’s really funny is this content was released for the 1 year anniversary of the CC! Way to go Beth! :P

Well the good news is that the problem IS a recent unknown quest creating a reservation on the Sanctuary workbench. Updating my failing non start game enabled quest to use reserved aliases has worked (start game enabled quests automatically force this setting so you never notice such issues).

Defensive development learning: always check the "use reserved" box on all quest aliases pointed at external resources on non start game enabled quests to avoid selfish thoughtless dumbos who probably don't even realise what they have done clicking reserved boxes and spoiling your day.

I'd publish that pearl in the CK site if I wasn't suffering extreme apathy.